+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queens v The Accies

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    This going to watch a supposed game is starting to get tiresome. Bloody freezing wind and not a thing on show that I could say warmed me up and tbh it was nothing more than I expected. Negative tactics, poor quality and standard and nothing that excited me. This against a team that defensively were suspect. At no point did I think we were close to Hamilton. Yes we competed in the first 15 minutes and created a couple of chances but after that it was all one way and we never laid a glove on them. Yes we have picked up a few points in recent weeks but we are nowhere near the standard needed for the play offs never mind championship.
    Completely agree with this. We offered nothing in midfield and we sat far too deep for the whole game. We were bad in the first half but surpassed that with our second half performance. How Ambrose was not subbed beats me, some of his play in the second half was nothing short of embarassing. Too many players were ineffectual which includes the subs who were equally culpable. At times we couldn't even string together two passes. We truly are dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    Completely agree with this. We offered nothing in midfield and we sat far too deep for the whole game. We were bad in the first half but surpassed that with our second half performance. How Ambrose was not subbed beats me, some of his play in the second half was nothing short of embarassing. Too many players were ineffectual which includes the subs who were equally culpable. At times we couldn't even string together two passes. We truly are dreadful.
    My God that was woeful, - and I completely concur with Fatfan and the Beautiful South.

In addition to the very valid points made by both today, - why did Bartley wait 10 minutes to sub Lewis after he suffered from cramp? If this had been the 1970's with no subs on the bench I could have understood throwing him some salt and a bottle of water, - but with McKechnie and Walker on the bench and both straight subs for Gibson, - why did he wait? The poor lad looked over several times as if to question his bosses sanity.

Jardi the main question is how a young professional footballer can be going down with cramp after 70 minutes of play, particularly when imo he didn’t do that much running. Either there are serious fitness issues with Gibson or he may have been looking at the game and saying bugger this. I want off!!! Yes the tactics were poor but how a professional footballer can’t make the 90 minute mark without going down with cramp, or how they can’t play 10 yard passes without finding a blue shirt or miss tackles etc etc etc.. that’s down to the standard of players we have. Not one of those players could come off that pitch with there head held high. It was as if they were accepting defeat before a ball was kicked. Not one positive today!!!

Where is the desire to win the match at home. Marvin talks a great game but is scared of his shadow. Has he no confidence in his players. Bryden and McClelland are very good at this level and Efe has been good of late but not today but we need a back five and a centre half in front of them as well at home to Accies.
    Just some boos at full time. This type of football is sucking the life out of our dwindling support. I actually feel sorry for the players being asked to carry out the weekly game plan.
    Well done to whoever started the kid's games at half time the most fun of the game.
    I thought McClelland was good. Accies were steady and tried to win.
    Lastly I don't think anyone will be claiming the referee was showing Dumfries bias.

Just listened to the Marvin & Sandra show. He thought "the boys were brilliant in the first half"...........really!

What is particularly galling is the defensive approach we take in a home game. Bartley sets out to stop the opposition, which is fair enough, but we must carry an attacking threat which we didn't have until we were two down. We had no effective midfield to link with Doherty and Connelly relying on long balls and hoping to get onto scraps. His approach is so negative until the game is effectively lost it is a very hard watch indeed and not sure what the crowd was yesterday but there were a number of staunch regulars missing.

Marvin seems to have reverted to playing from the back, or is that just Botterils tactics?
    He effectively cost us the game by playing a suicide pass to Effie and from that cock up, they scored their second.

In the first half, Botteril commendably came to claim a free kick, but instead of immediately feeding Gibson who had run half the length of the pitch, he held on to the ball, allowing Hamilton to regroup and the chance was lost.

We seem to be repeating the same mistakes that occurred in the first 12 games or so, it's as if Marvin has no retention of the problems that caused us to lose so many points in the first quarter.

The basics weren't there yesterday, simple 10 yard square passes were going astray........and once again, waiting until the game is loaf before bringing on the subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    What is particularly galling is the defensive approach we take in a home game. Bartley sets out to stop the opposition, which is fair enough, but we must carry an attacking threat which we didn't have until we were two down. We had no effective midfield to link with Doherty and Connelly relying on long balls and hoping to get onto scraps. His approach is so negative until the game is effectively lost it is a very hard watch indeed and not sure what the crowd was yesterday but there were a number of staunch regulars missing.
    Sorry spike but we had maybe 5 mins where I thought we looked a threat after Reilly came on and went two up front. Then the Hamilton manager noticed it and brought kilday on and that threat was gone. The manager says we were brilliant in the 1st half apparantly. We competed at best for the first 15 mins and then vanished for the rest of the game. At no point did I think after the first ball was kicked that we would win. Tactics and poor quality. Same as most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Sorry spike but we had maybe 5 mins where I thought we looked a threat after Reilly came on and went two up front. Then the Hamilton manager noticed it and brought kilday on and that threat was gone. The manager says we were brilliant in the 1st half apparantly. We competed at best for the first 15 mins and then vanished for the rest of the game. At no point did I think after the first ball was kicked that we would win. Tactics and poor quality. Same as most of the season.
    Just listened to the managers interview. He is dillusional if he thought that was a decent performance yesterday.

That's the problem fatfan Marvin seems happy enough in the interview. In isolation losing to second in the league does not seem like the end of the world. The problem is the continuation of terrible results at home mostly involving boring tactics. Our home support is disappearing.
    Marvin seems oblivious to his role in this record. The players don't look happy indeed stifled in how to play football. This is third tier Scottish football. Find a shape that suits your players and get a team spirit installed. Give the fans something to back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)