+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players wages?

Players wages?

Look at this website to look at all clubs...Anyone any idea of how accurate these are for CAFC?

https://salarysport.com/football/lea...ewe-alexandra/

Salford City makes you weep as do the PL players wages..

Now, our club could confirm or deny these figures as they are in the public domain and how do they obtain these wages from all these clubs?

To me they are ALL vastly overpaid for 90 mins work compared with Doctors and Nurses and Care workers...

Notoriously unreliable site - clubs never comment to avoid giving it any credibility, e.g. this list includes random Academy scholars at £50 per week, but not all of them, and omits several young pros ......

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Look at this website to look at all clubs...Anyone any idea of how accurate these are for CAFC?

https://salarysport.com/football/lea...ewe-alexandra/

Salford City makes you weep as do the PL players wages..

Now, our club could confirm or deny these figures as they are in the public domain and how do they obtain these wages from all these clubs?

To me they are ALL vastly overpaid for 90 mins work compared with Doctors and Nurses and Care workers...
    I am not for one moment suggesting footballers at certain levels are not overpaid. However when looking at, for example, Premier league wages it should be remembered that Premier league football is shown around the world and tv companies make a lot of money from that. So it is right and proper that those providing the entertainment should be proportionately rewarded for that entertainment.
    To another point you make, to say it is for 90 minutes work is rather over simplifying it somewhat. Anyone in any industry will get as much money for their services as they can and to achieve the best they can requires commitment and training and that is part of their contract. Wages are negotiated on all sorts of basis and it is easy to compare with those in the medical profession or the care sector. We know they are grossly underpaid but of footballers were paid nothing that wouldn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I am not for one moment suggesting footballers at certain levels are not overpaid. However when looking at, for example, Premier league wages it should be remembered that Premier league football is shown around the world and tv companies make a lot of money from that. So it is right and proper that those providing the entertainment should be proportionately rewarded for that entertainment.
    To another point you make, to say it is for 90 minutes work is rather over simplifying it somewhat. Anyone in any industry will get as much money for their services as they can and to achieve the best they can requires commitment and training and that is part of their contract. Wages are negotiated on all sorts of basis and it is easy to compare with those in the medical profession or the care sector. We know they are grossly underpaid but of footballers were paid nothing that wouldn't change.
    Hear! Hear! Plus I think I raised the same issue with the same website, last year, to be fair. Totally unreliable it seems.