+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Darren Moore

Darren Moore

Seems they want Moore out at Huddersfield! Love the guy but always said he was a poor manager. Here’s a selection of comments below from Town fans:

Get rid of Moore. Before the fans say enough is enough 3 wins in 20 odd games is poor. I am season ticket holder but I am sick going to watch town its the waste of time I've seen them and I have being going from the old Frist division right down to the 4th division and the football was a lot better then than rubbish it is now.

He hasn't got a clue .

He’s right but it’s not been good enough since Warnock left
    10 men behind the ball
    No passion

Admit defeat Mr Nagle and get this bloke out of our club.

Left Wednesday in a right mess and spat the dummy because Chansiri was clever enough not to offer him a 3 year contract

Worst record in the championship
    Get rid now

Moore should have been sacked months ago. He's an absolute waste of space

He’s having a bad time there. Had a great time at Sheffield wednesday though. I have a friend who supports Huddersfield and he’s been moaning about the managers for a long time now with the exception of Warnock. Warnock was a good fit but the board are clueless, they have dismissed or not supported some good managers Corberan included. Moore is a good manager he’s already proved it. Having a lousy time at the moment. Right behind big Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    He’s having a bad time there. Had a great time at Sheffield wednesday though. I have a friend who supports Huddersfield and he’s been moaning about the managers for a long time now with the exception of Warnock. Warnock was a good fit but the board are clueless, they have dismissed or not supported some good managers Corberan included. Moore is a good manager he’s already proved it. Having a lousy time at the moment. Right behind big Dave.
    Absolutely 100%.

Idk suggest it is so easy to be critical, not only has he proved it at Wednesday he proved it at us. He was most unfortunate to be pushed out by a cowardly board and a minority, I want everything and I want it now mentality.

Did we do any better once he’d left. One word answer……..No.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    Absolutely 100%.

Idk suggest it is so easy to be critical, not only has he proved it at Wednesday he proved it at us. He was most unfortunate to be pushed out by a cowardly board and a minority, I want everything and I want it now mentality.

One word answer to the last sentence - Shan!

That team and the quality of it should have easily achieved automatic. Loved Big Dave but playing out from the back which didn’t work at the time - dictated to by his assistant and cozy relationships with his pals were his undoing! Hope he’s learnt from it.

I hope Big Dave turns it around at Huddersfield though. Warnock was horrible but a very passionate manager loved at Huddersfield so a hard act to follow. Does not help Big Dave with the Wednesday manager doing so well!

It’s a perculiar job these days. The amount of stress in a results based business. As my mate said “one day we will see managers sacked during their first game if they go a goal down!”

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    It’s a perculiar job these days. The amount of stress in a results based business. As my mate said “one day we will see managers sacked during their first game if they go a goal down!”
    Seem to remember Trevor Rosenior getting the sack after returning to Torquay for his second stint as manager only to get the sack immediately after getting the gig due to a takeover as the new owners wanted to appoint their own man.

Not sure if he even made it all the way through his first press conference never mind his first game 😃. Might be my memory playing tricks with me but I swear it happened circa 2007 or 2008.

Absolutely 100%.

In fairness the biggest s hit in that particular stew was Graeme Jones. Darren shouldn't have gone with his mate to play progressive football from the back with the players he had at his disposal.

Why recruit Kyle Bartley to play alongside Dawson/Hegazi with a view to play progressive possession based football from the back? I was an advocate of Darren's but that was idealistic madness.

While loyalty to a mate is an admirable quality that mate was having talks with another club behind his back and so the board wanted Jones gone. Darren said no. Loyalty cost him his job and us promotion with a more than adequate squad.

Oh yeah and while I'm at it Leicester City can fk off for recalling Harvey Barnes and not playing him, and don't get me started on Graham bloody Scott 😤 .

Absolutely 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    In fairness the biggest s hit in that particular stew was Graeme Jones. Darren shouldn't have gone with his mate to play progressive football from the back with the players he had at his disposal.

Why recruit Kyle Bartley to play alongside Dawson/Hegazi with a view to play progressive possession based football from the back? I was an advocate of Darren's but that was idealistic madness.

While loyalty to a mate is an admirable quality that mate was having talks with another club behind his back and so the board wanted Jones gone. Darren said no. Loyalty cost him his job and us promotion with a more than adequate squad.

100% right Dan. I was humiliated at Leeds when we were hammered 4-0. Big Dave put Gayle and HRK on the wings FFS and we were totally exposed in the middle with Barry whose legs had gone - it was like a butter through knife with their attacks. Completely suicidal line up.

Don’t get me started on Mears who was a mate of Darren’s - he was a useful has Zohorse!

We should have walked that league with the quality in that squad FFS!

I can't say that I feel too sorry for him Al, as I think Hudds are sh*ite for a start and they clearly didn't know what or who they were appointing.
    And even more so, he/Daz was the luckiest manager ever, in those Lg One Play offs last season (which included my own team of course!).
    Yeah I think we all say he's a likeable bloke, and hes a popular former player for our clubs etc. But most of the time he doesn't seem to cut it, as a manager. 😕

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)