+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rivals Transfer Activity

not too upset we stood pat.

we have a very good squad and hopefully a tight locker room. this team is good enough to stick with the squad they have.

If Cresswell gets into the squad and proves himself might be good enough to play if we go up. Gnonto still has something to prove as well. It's a big statement from Farke on his belief in them.

the others picking up players show they didn't think they were good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    not too upset we stood pat.

we have a very good squad and hopefully a tight locker room. this team is good enough to stick with the squad they have.

If Cresswell gets into the squad and proves himself might be good enough to play if we go up. Gnonto still has something to prove as well. It's a big statement from Farke on his belief in them.

the others picking up players show they didn't think they were good enough.
    I go back to my query regarding the performance against Plymouth. Were we witnessing the performance of a "very good squad"? I think not. We have some (a few) very good players (Summerville, Struijk, Gray), and some who have come good (for the first time (Rutter, Firpo), or not (Bamford. James)), coupled with some who are a bit of a misfire (Ampadu, Rodon, Piroe), but all told just about enough to make up a good 1st 11, and not much else. Injuries, suspensions etc will impact us and there is precious little strength in depth in just about every position to absorb that impact. Farke seem unable to accept that he needs to use the subs he keep naming, and not just for 3 minutes of injury time. That inability to understand how subs should be used, and to realise that using subs for more than timewasting at the end of a match is a benefit to the player(s) and the club, will bite us hard in the weeks to come.

By all means be loyal to players who perform, but cast that net just a little wider, loyalty extends outside of those who have been favoured with 1st team places to date, Farke needs to accept and acknowledge that, and act accordingly, but he won't.

Watched the highlights, superb youngster, young Archie needs to hit a few goals like his.

WTF - I think we have a very good championship squad - a lot of the subs bench would start for other teams.

However, we don’t really utilise it as had been said by some on many occasions.

Rotation is limited and subs typically made late if at all. I suspect that means when players get called on they are not match sharp which means they won’t typically perform as they might.

It’s a shame as I think we have a lot of players who could make real impacts from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    WTF - I think we have a very good championship squad - a lot of the subs bench would start for other teams.

However, we don’t really utilise it as had been said by some on many occasions.

Rotation is limited and subs typically made late if at all. I suspect that means when players get called on they are not match sharp which means they won’t typically perform as they might.

It’s a shame as I think we have a lot of players who could make real impacts from the bench.
    I think we're agreeing (again, scary!), in that if the substitutions were made for the purpose of impact, providing those substitutes the opportunity to show their worth and rotation, as opposed to timewasting and running the clock down at the fag-end of a match, we would indeed have a very good championship squad, but as you, I and others have opined, we don't do any of the former, and always the latter. That means we have a very good, but fragile championship 1st 11, we don't have even a good championship squad.

Final Tally looks a bit like this

In

Roberts
    Perkins (returned)

Out

Ayling
    Spence
    Hjelde
    Gyabi
    Poveda
    Mcgurk
    Bate

2 in (one of which was a youth player returning), and 7 out.

Think that makes it more likely that the likes of Joseph, Gelhardt, Cresswell etc will get game time? (chortle, chortle!)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    2 in (one of which was a youth player returning), and 7 out.

Think that makes it more likely that the likes of Joseph, Gelhardt, Cresswell etc will get game time? (chortle, chortle!)
    I think Cresswell gets in some. I think he's going to be very highly motivated. Hoping for a cinderella story here.

the others....not so much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)