+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 📝Charlie Colkett signs

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Tony Agana?
    750k and 15 goals in 145 games.

Not prolific but I seem to remember he ended up on the wing?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Completely agree. In the same way as we are now going to go for young up and coming coaches rather than established managers, we are also going to go for young players overcoming injuries and with a point to prove. We are looking for value in the market rather than paying a premium. If they don't turn out to be good, we let them go, and if they are good we tie them down with a long contract and cash in after 18 months or so. Rinse and repeat.

I've no idea if it will work consistently but I'm happy for us to give it a try.
    When I read former Chelsea youth team captain this jumped out at the page for me. The reason being is to be a former youth captain at one of the top clubs in the country you’ve got to have the right character first and foremost and have something about you. Then you have also got to have excellent technical ability and be skilful on the ball. These are the kind of players we should be targeting if we want to play the style we do because they have had a good footballing education. See Cowley who was at Arsenal.

Alright so he may have had a couple of set backs in his career recently and not featured much but we should not be so quick to dismiss players who are at a point in their career where they have a point to prove and where they can fully establish themselves at a club. He’s been on loan at league one clubs so should be able to do a job once over his injury problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    When I read former Chelsea youth team captain this jumped out at the page for me. The reason being is to be a former youth captain at one of the top clubs in the country you’ve got to have the right character first and foremost and have something about you. Then you have also got to have excellent technical ability and be skilful on the ball. These are the kind of players we should be targeting if we want to play the style we do because they have had a good footballing education. See Cowley who was at Arsenal.

Alright so he may have had a couple of set backs in his career recently and not featured much but we should not be so quick to dismiss players who are at a point in their career where they have a point to prove and where they can fully establish themselves at a club. He’s been on loan at league one clubs so should be able to do a job once over his injury problems.
    Ed Francis was Man City's academy captain...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Ed Francis was Man City's academy captain...
    Francis was a decent player for us, not outstanding but mostly contributed positively for two seasons. Excelling now at Gateshead and looked set to move to MK Dons for £200k until he got a freak head injury a few weeks back.

Welcome aboard sir...let's hope you hit the ground running...back to full fitness apparently so looking forward to seeing what he's all about

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Francis was a decent player for us, not outstanding but mostly contributed positively for two seasons. Excelling now at Gateshead and looked set to move to MK Dons for £200k until he got a freak head injury a few weeks back.
    Was he though? Vincent had more of an engine but was inexplicably dropped by IB. When LW came in, he was way behind Palmer, JoB and to an extent Vincent and Bostock was the final nail in the coffin. I have no problem with his work ethic, but he was too lightweight and didn't show enough to over come that

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Do we advertise in the Physio Weekly for these people...
    It certainly doesn't appear to be Health and Efficiency. [one for the oldies ]

Another bench warmer

Is that the best we can do?

Haven't I seen him somewhere before? He's one of our own!

Name:  GFMULLWW8AA4nKP.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  79.5 KB Name:  images.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  12.7 KB

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast