+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City and Amdouni

Quote Originally Posted by johnj69 View Post
    i dont know why vinny keeps on playing that clown in goal.imo,he was at fault for the first two goals ,,,get the taxi ordered and ship him out,,he is total rubbish
    Brave comment, right or wrong jj69. i for one feel we would have been better with muric as good as JT is. Muric is more of a commanding presence in his area like Heaton was and i feel is good enough for this level.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Brave comment, right or wrong jj69. i for one feel we would have been better with muric as good as JT is. Muric is more of a commanding presence in his area like Heaton was and i feel is good enough for this level.
    Wow Trafford gets some rubbish on here - how can he be at fault for the first when he’s on his line and we once again allowed ball delivered into our box ( defence were statues as they watched him head into our net )

Second Vitinho switched off and let have free run in on goal.

Also Heaton imo anyway didn’t really come for much - so commanding his box I’m not sure - shot stopping v good but pope was far better sub commanding his box.

Quote Originally Posted by johnj69 View Post
    i dont know why vinny keeps on playing that clown in goal.imo,he was at fault for the first two goals ,,,get the taxi ordered and ship him out,,he is total rubbish
    Yes, He just not ready for this level yet. His handling and command of the area is poor. Why Muric is not playing instead is beyond me frankly.

I had great difficulty in watching the game, I only managed about 15 minutes in the first half and we were already 2 down. Why does VK persist in playing games without a pair of recognised full backs and no ball winner in the centre of midfield. City just seemed to be toying with us. We looked poor from the bit I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Yes, He just not ready for this level yet. His handling and command of the area is poor. Why Muric is not playing instead is beyond me frankly.
    Well I think a few of you are fixated on a problem so small and are missing the bigger picture.

Here goes

We have centre backs with not enough physicality at this level they also have no experience at this level , we have a right back who is irrational in decision making and switches off in games ( he could sit with me at some of them as we watch the oppositions moves develop ), and a left back who isn’t and positionally really struggles playing there —— all that against the best club side in the world who keep the ball and prod poke you for 95 mins with brilliant football thrown in.

The opposition is irrelevant though as if you don’t stop balls into the box and stay switched on you will be constantly punished at this level.

Watch the goals back and then tell me how Trafford is at fault for any of them ?

1 - O’Shea initially does well but then allows the wide man to lift his head and pick a pass onto Alvarez head while our defence stood like statues

2- Vitinho / Berge switched off ( though the pass - f kick was perfect )

3- O’Shea turns his back on Rodri when he’s shooting / passing it into the net

Worryingly the furthest man forward to score for us was our left back who struggled all game.

I was there last night… it was a strange experience. But thank you for the tips you gave up front. Ended up with one of BTs suggestions for a meal as the others wanted steak. The food was excellent
    Pep said before the game that we are a better team than it seems looking at the table. Certainly not true last night. We were cheering if there was a shot on goal, however weak it was. The singing really started when Zaroury entered the field. Must have sung 5min straight without him even touching the ball. Then we sang for players not on the pitch or even at the club, and it was all for a bit a laugh.
    The performance was really bad, and the talent/quality of City was not really on display. There is no use singling out players who were bad. Boys against men doesn’t cover it both on the sideline and on the field.

I think VK was watching a different game.From”it was a good performance” to ”we had our moments”.No we were outplayed,outwitted and outmuscled physically for 95 mins.by a Citeh side who never got out of second gear.
    It does not really matter who the opponents are because it is these same results every game independent of who we play in the PL.
    Trafford,although he was not to blame for any of the goals, does not instill confidence in the already fragile back line.
    O`Shea tackled his man then let his eye off the ball for the first goal.
    Vitinho,Odabert and Berge went to sleep for the second goal.
    O`Shea turned his back on the shot for the third goal instead of putting his body on the line like Tarks or Mee would have done.
    That sums up the game that despite their effort there really is no grit and fight in the team apart from Roberts when he came on which was pointless when 3-0 down.The only way you will unnerve Citeh is by getting in their faces like Luton do.We couldn`t punch our way out of a wet paper bag.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 01-02-2024 at 08:10 AM.

I agree with army, I can't find fault with Trafford for any of the goals and certainly not the first one. Vitinho was out of his depth, he simply couldn't cope, at this level he's a liability.

So we are apparently missing solid CBs like Tarkowski and Mee, we miss a commanding keeper, like Pope perhaps, we are spineless, we miss the fighting spirit that Dyche instilled in his players and we lose 3-1. So for a bit of perspective have a look at this,

Nov 2020 City 5 Burnley 0
    Sep 2020 Burnley 0 City 3
    Jun 2020 City 5 Burnley 0
    Dec 2020 Burnley 1 City 4
    Jan 2019 City 5 Burnley 0
    Oct 2018 City 5 Burnley 0
    Jan 2018 City 4 Burnley 0

It would be fascinating to look back at the comments after those games, to see who was getting it in the neck back then, as
    I recall Dyche used to get a lot of the blame, poor use of subs, tactically inept, etc. etc. but in the grand scheme of things last night's result was one of our better ones against City. Funny old game football innit ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 01-02-2024 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I think VK was watching a different game.From”it was a good performance” to ”we had our moments”.No we were outplayed,outwitted and outmuscled physically for 95 mins.by a Citeh side who never got out of second gear.
    It does not really matter who the opponents are because it is these same results every game independent of who we play in the PL.
    Trafford,although he was not to blame for any of the goals, does not instill confidence in the already fragile back line.
    O`Shea tackled his man then let his eye off the ball for the first goal.
    Vitinho,Odabert and Berge went to sleep for the second goal.
    O`Shea turned his back on the shot for the third goal instead of putting his body on the line like Tarks or Mee would have done.
    That sums up the game that despite their effort there really is no grit and fight in the team apart from Roberts when he came on which was pointless when 3-0 down.The only way you will unnerve Citeh is by getting in their faces like Luton do.We couldn`t punch our way out of a wet paper bag.
    Come on CIB be fair we’ve never been in a game against them going back years - Boyd’s goal at home beat them but they footballed us to death and got nothing that day.

I know it’s a difficult switch Dyche ball to football and it really looks like we don’t give a **** what happens - but I think we do it’s just we have players missing in a jigsaw and he hasn’t worked it out yet.

Normal service was resumed for me in city games - we huff and puff but generally produce nothing- neither do many others in fairness against them.

There was a corner which fell to Berge for a good chance on goal, but he swung and missed.

There was Amdouni virtually through on goal and should have squared it to Odobert for a tap in, but he blazed over the bar.

There was an exchange of passes on the edge of the box, but the simple lay off was behind Brownhill preventing the shot.

We are just not at the races with simple phases in play, and will go down as a result.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)