+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: City and Amdouni

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Lads in the bar here in Nerja tonight asked why do we have no physicality. Indeed.
    Last time I was in Nerja watching football in a bar we got the patron to put the Burnley v Fulham League Cup tie on. It was part of our famed “Capital Punishment” when we also beat Arsenal and Chelsea before being robbed in the semi final v Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Turf_Forever View Post
    There was a corner which fell to Berge for a good chance on goal, but he swung and missed.

There was Amdouni virtually through on goal and should have squared it to Odobert for a tap in, but he blazed over the bar.

There was an exchange of passes on the edge of the box, but the simple lay off was behind Brownhill preventing the shot.

We are just not at the races with simple phases in play, and will go down as a result.
    Berge swung and missed, later on Haaland swung and missed, the City bench were falling about laughing at him.

Amdouni maybe should have put Odobert in, but the shot was on, he was perfectly entitled to go for it.

The lay off was behind Brownhill, but even the top PL teams get it wrong on a regular basis, have a look at Liverpool's first last night, then analyse the Chelsea defending, it made our CBs look like Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer

City missed a chance late on at Spurs in their Cup game last Friday, the Comms said they had not yet scored a goal at Spurs new stadium and that was their 100th attempt, a minute later Ake scored their first ever goal there, it was their 101st attempt on goal in that stadium. Our lads miss just one chance and the sky falls in on here.

If you want to analyse/nit-pick or carp about individual performances, have a closer look at Chelsea last night at Liverpool, you could have a field day, if you want to slag James Trafford off, have a closer look at our goal last night and ask yourself just WTF Ederson was doing.

It is what it is, we are one pf the weaker teams in the PL, quite a few of our players aren't quite up to the required level yet, but ripping them to shreds for going down 3-1 at the Etihad is a bit over the top in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Berge swung and missed, later on Haaland swung and missed, the City bench were falling about laughing at him.

Amdouni maybe should have put Odobert in, but the shot was on, he was perfectly entitled to go for it.

The lay off was behind Brownhill, but even the top PL teams get it wrong on a regular basis, have a look at Liverpool's first last night, then analyse the Chelsea defending, it made our CBs look like Bobby Moore and Franz Beckenbauer

City missed a chance late on at Spurs in their Cup game last Friday, the Comms said they had not yet scored a goal at Spurs new stadium and that was their 100th attempt, a minute later Ake scored their first ever goal there, it was their 101st attempt on goal in that stadium. Our lads miss just one chance and the sky falls in on here.

If you want to analyse/nit-pick or carp about individual performances, have a closer look at Chelsea last night at Liverpool, you could have a field day, if you want to slag James Trafford off, have a closer look at our goal last night and ask yourself just WTF Ederson was doing.

It is what it is, we are one pf the weaker teams in the PL, quite a few of our players aren't quite up to the required level yet, but ripping them to shreds for going down 3-1 at the Etihad is a bit over the top in my humble opinion.
    The revolving door is in full swing tonight, it looks like Terrier Taxis should clear a few bob towards this holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

I agree, all i'm saying is we don't work that many good opportunities in games, and when we do we aren't making them count. We've scored 22 goals this season, Luton have scored 29. Who would have believed that possible after 87 vs 61 goals last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Turf_Forever View Post
    I agree, all i'm saying is we don't work that many good opportunities in games, and when we do we aren't making them count. We've scored 22 goals this season, Luton have scored 29. Who would have believed that possible after 87 vs 61 goals last year.
    I wouldn't have believed it possible TF, I thought we had a good chance of surviving this season because neither Luton nor Sheffield United could possibly finish above us. I don't know, I haven't seen the stats but I doubt we miss more opportunities than any other team, I watch MOTD every week and it's a steady stream of missed sitters from the PL's best. Our lads don't get many chances so when they miss one it stands out, it's important, it's not as crucial if you play for a top team, miss one and you know another will be along for you soon enough.

Nunez hit the woodwork 4 times against Chelsea, City took over 100 attempts to put one in the onion bag at Spurs new stadium, can you imagine the reaction on here if it had been us ?

Where is Amdouni's completion for that spot? He plays 100% every game, never subbed full game week in week out dispute the performance.. VK is contradiction in terms. I've come to realise he just talks ****.
    He talks about profiles, he means they need to be cheap.
    He says 2 in every position, left back? CDM? Number 9 - he means we need a million wingers - probably because they are cheap!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)