+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Training @ Cormack Park

Training @ Cormack Park

Whit like all?

Been meaning to join this forum for while so eventually done so as really curious to find something out...

I've come back to Aberdeen the last two winters at Xmas from NZ and usually pass Cormack Park on the bypass or going through Westhill on my way mountain biking in Aberdeenshire. I've never see any players out training at any time either going out or coming back. There's usually a heap of cars parked though.

Even when I stayed in Banchory during the pandemic and passed Cormack Park I don't recall seeing training happening that often if at all.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but given the facility is state-of-the-art it seems really odd.

Winters being as they are in Aberdeen, Ah'd imagine training would more likely happen indoors.

Maybe they don’t do anything

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Winters being as they are in Aberdeen, Ah'd imagine training would more likely happen indoors.
    Indoors???!!! Poovery of the highest order there min.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Indoors???!!! Poovery of the highest order there min.
    Absolutely min .... same goes for the winter break!

Imagine Fergie training them indoors.

He'd have had them running on the beach even if the sea was frozen solid.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    Imagine Fergie training them indoors.

He'd have had them running on the beach even if the sea was frozen solid.
    Ah'm pretty sure rinnin on the beach in aa weathers and rinnin up an' doon Broad Hill pre-dates Fergie

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_Don View Post
    Whit like all?

Been meaning to join this forum for while so eventually done so as really curious to find something out...

I've come back to Aberdeen the last two winters at Xmas from NZ and usually pass Cormack Park on the bypass or going through Westhill on my way mountain biking in Aberdeenshire. I've never see any players out training at any time either going out or coming back. There's usually a heap of cars parked though.

Even when I stayed in Banchory during the pandemic and passed Cormack Park I don't recall seeing training happening that often if at all.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but given the facility is state-of-the-art it seems really odd.
    The part of the park where they train is difficult to see from the main road. You will usually find them training in the mornings. It's usually behind where the house with the three Shetland ponies running around in their garden.

If you saw the footage from training yesterday, that was on North Tonight, last night, it will give you a better idea of where to look, if you are desperate to catch of our heroes running around.

Sounds a bit like the lion enclosure at a zoo - could pass it a hundred times and see sod all. Hopefully one day!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    The part of the park where they train is difficult to see from the main road. You will usually find them training in the mornings. It's usually behind where the house with the three Shetland ponies running around in their garden.

If you saw the footage from training yesterday, that was on North Tonight, last night, it will give you a better idea of where to look, if you are desperate to catch of our heroes running around.
    If only the players were as hardy as the Shetland ponies! 😅