+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: New players

Went to bed at 10.30 as nowt was happening wake up to 3 new signings Great! My flabber is gasted so to speak don’t want to sound like I’m whining but most Millers fans pinpointed a new centre back LR said this himself a winger and someone in midfield who can create who do we sign a right wing back a midfielder and and a striker!
    The Wyke signing is good he’s a scorer and replaces Kelly basically so you’d say stronger there the lad from Sheff Utd is a bit of a surprise unless Kioso is going to cover centre half can only assume we are banking on Humphries back soon Got to admit don’t know much about Andy from Cardiff it’s said he’s defensive midfield and we seem well stocked for those would like to have seen a winger but let’s see how Andy and Sheff Utd lad go let’s be honest I think it’s only a firefighting exercise so let’s see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Well that’s turned out better than I thought it would.
    You’re blind scarlett…..(for weddings and a)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Am I being obtuse by asking why Wigan don't see a role for Wyke in League 1?
    No you are not lad…..it’s obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    You could have got his name right if your starting another thread..🤔
    A lot of our fans still call Viktor, Victor so he’s not on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    A lot of our fans still call Viktor, Victor so he’s not on his own.
    ....and Lindsey when it's Lindsay, Humphries when it's Humphreys etc, etc 😉

So.....Kelly gone, a real shame this,he knows how to finish, but has hardly started a game under 3 different managers,so obviously something ain't right , good luck Georgie.
    Out of the 3 that have come in,the only one I really know is Wyke,who I remember as being very Smith like,hopefully will play more than Kelly.
    And 2 midfielders,maybe the guys to get us up the pitch and give the strikers something to do.
    Best news is that Vik is still here.
    Henson PR on the money again I see as well, another legend is his own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    So.....Kelly gone, a real shame this,he knows how to finish, but has hardly started a game under 3 different managers,so obviously something ain't right , good luck Georgie.
    Out of the 3 that have come in,the only one I really know is Wyke,who I remember as being very Smith like,hopefully will play more than Kelly.
    And 2 midfielders,maybe the guys to get us up the pitch and give the strikers something to do.
    Best news is that Vik is still here.
    Henson PR on the money again I see as well, another legend is his own mind.
    Yes but Kelly still doubtful for Saturdays game ? still carrying that slight calf injury which he had with us on numerous occasions !

Overall once again disappointing window with no wingers in, no centre half and No permanent signings to build on for next season. Squad depth has reduced further with 5 leaving and only three coming in ? So much for wanting to work with a bigger and better squad !

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    No you are not lad…..it’s obvious.
    He was the last of their big earners. From a Wigan perspective it's a financial decision primarily

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    You’re blind scarlett…..(for weddings and a)
    As a retired Registrar I’ve officiated at too many weddings over the years!

Wyke is a natural goal scorer. He'd be my number one choice striker to start any game. A very good signing for us I reckon and he might just be the player that keeps us in the Championship because we just need goals and he's the one to get them, hopefully.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast