+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Mansfield Town FC 03.02.24 [EFL L2]

Mansfield on Saturday

Is it too early to get excited about this game?
    Mansfield have a few players, possibly including Aden Flint missing - saw an interview earlier with one of their players and the question was raised about him being captain in the likely event Flint is missing.
    Given he was colossal in the first game, this is great news.

Sad to say, but I'm never excited about playing Mansfield, especially at their place. They definitely have a few key players out, but let's see who they bring in before the deadline.

As far as I'm concerned, them having players missing just gives them a ready-made excuse if we win. I'd rather we beat their strongest team, as we should do, every time

Their "pitch" is not going to help us with our football unfortunately

Can't see beyond the usual outcome, but I'd love for us to play with a bit of heart and desire for once in a local derby. Make it a bit of a battle rather than just rolling over.

There's never been a better time to play them this season, for certain. They are probably at one of their most vulnerable points over the last three seasons (other than that dreadful start they had). I've got a strong feeling Notts will get something out of this. Clough, whilst not yet under pressure, is clearly rattled, you can tell he's become frustrated with everything going against them recently.

The teams I dislike (possibly hate is too harsh) in League 2 are Mans failed and The Fish...My cousin is a Mans failed supporter and a pain in the Gluteus Maximus (he has a big one) Never stops reminding me when he can about our dismal recorded against them in the past...Anyway Iv'e blocked him on my phone today so bit of peace for a while...

Lets hope we can get some sort of result on Saturday, I'll be happy with 3-3...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Lets hope we can get some sort of result on Saturday, I'll be happy with 3-3...

I think Notts would be happy with 3-3 instead of the 3-1 Mansfield will beat us with.

Over the years I've come to the conclusion that we could have Messi and Ronaldo playing for us against Mansfield away and somehow we would get beaten by them and even those two would have a bad day at the office by their high standards.

However like a lot of people ever the optimist I have a ticket and will be hoping we can go there and get a win. I'd take a point right now.

With a couple of key players missing like Flint now might be the best chance to play them.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast