+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Celtic

Ach FFS ... 1-1

Fkn spawny *******s

Can’t believe the boy Phillips lasted as long as he did- looks miles off the pace

Better team second half- well done lads
    Pity about ****ty equaliser
    Get stuck into them and there you go
    Play ball on the ground and we look like a football team

What a difference a bit of belief makes. Robson must have drained every once of confidence from them. We deserved at least that point in the end.

Well, that wis entertainin at least. Lucky tae draa, but unluckly nae tae win. A point gained for sure.

Much better 2nd half. Why they can’t show that attitude more often is beyond me.

Shinnie excellent - apart fae the sitter he missed - much more like himself

McKenzie was very good too.

Bojan is just a class act.

Clarkson needs to knock it off with the Hollywood passes. Yer nae good enough min.

Absolute stick on 2nd yellow card for the tim defender 2nd half. Fück you McLean you cheating cünt.

Timothy aren’t very good..,

Polvara deserves a mention - thought he was combative off the ball and classy on it. Didn’t think he should have come off for Duk. Really shaping up to be a player.

I thought Phillips did ok. He got stuck in, put himself about, unsettled them a bit and worked hard. Not the worst debut I’ve seen. Let’s see if that’s all he’s got in his locker.

If I was Neil Warnock watching that 2nd half, I’d reckon I could come out of this smelling of roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Polvara deserves a mention - thought he was combative off the ball and classy on it. Didn’t think he should have come off for Duk. Really shaping up to be a player.

I thought Phillips did ok. He got stuck in, put himself about, unsettled them a bit and worked hard. Not the worst debut I’ve seen. Let’s see if that’s all he’s got in his locker.

If I was Neil Warnock watching that 2nd half, I’d reckon I could come out of this smelling of roses.
    I agree with the Polvara comments and his and Baron’s ball retention and distribution were significant factors in terms of keeping it from Celtic and us getting up the park. We need to have players that can do that otherwise we generally end up surrendering too much possession in these games and getting overrun. I thought that Phillips had an industrious debut and unsettled Celtic a bit, but he doesn’t appear to be great technically. That’s a game that we could easily have won and some of our players actually looked decent, so maybe it’s about confidence and belief for many of them.

Well what a turnaround in the second half!

First half has to rank up there as one of the most inept in our recent history. The players lacked confidence, had no anticipation, looked fearful in possession and were basically miles off a good but not great Celtic side.

After the break however it was the opposite, they finally realised they are professional footballers who could string some passes together, press as a team, look comfortable in and out of possession. Whatever the manager said certainly worked so cap doffed to him for that!

Hopefully, and I'm aware it's been said numerous times in the past but hopefully the squad will realise that they CAN play football and go toe to toe against the best in the league and walk away lamenting only a draw.

Any prospective manager looking in will have a seen a talented group of players who for whatever reason didn't produce for Robson, I'm sure his tactics and instructions didn't help though.

Writing the first half off then I can't really fault any player in the 2nd half, special mention though has to go to Miovski, Shinnie & Barron for me. We won't get many more years out of Shinnie but if we can hang on to Miovski & Barron for another couple of years then we have real quality!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast