+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's wrong with people

Quote Originally Posted by itsagrandoldteam View Post
    Everyone is entitled to opinions. And just recently due to change of manager and results not being so good, there has been plenty. But to those of you questioning the owners plans and ambitions, please take your head for a wobble. Absolute lunacy and an over reaction of the highest order. You all know who you are. Do you do it for reaction. Its bad enough reading the comments on new signings before even seeing them play. To suggest the owners may not be chucking enough money in for a promotion push etc, we'll, Its beyond belief. I fear what this board will be like if we miss out on play offs.
    Great post.
    I'd like to visit NCM and get the sense that we're a club just off what was maybe the most important & exhilarating promotion in our history (just as 2019 was the worst ever relegation). That we're a team sitting in the EFL L2 play-offs. That we're the top goal scorers in the whole top 4 leagues. That we have an identity and philosophy that has helped raise gates to 11-12,000. And so on and so on.
    Unfortunately though it often reads like we're the polar opposite of all those things. Makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I don't use either anymore and life is better for it. I found that using the Apps created a mentality of needing to know every bit of detail about everything whether true or not immediately. I don't need to know that. It's habit forming at its worst. I agree that Zuckerberg and Musk should both go to hell. Unfortunately I am not religious.
    Ah, maybe my slightly more mellow approach is because I only access them when I'm "relaxing" on the desktop. I don't have the apps on my mobile which really only has on what I really need, so no constantly annoying notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Unfortunately though it often reads like we're the polar opposite of all those things.
    But I don't think we are when it all boils down to it. OK there might be one or two who just like to stir but the vast majority of those that are labelled as super negative are only expressing how they would like to see the club get success. I think it all boils down to those that want us to not squander the current position and those that are happy to go with next year. We all want Notts to succeed, nobody wants to see us fail.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I think it all boils down to those that want us to not squander the current position and those that are happy to go with next year.
    Don't think so, everyone would want us to do as well as possible this year and snatch that successive promotion. Those who think it won't be the end of the world if we don't are the wise ones.

What I think it boils down to is 2 things a) resistance to the attacking set-up and possession-based style of play which got us up and into the POs b) moaners will be moaners

Everyone is entitled to opinions. And just recently due to change of manager and results not being so good, there has been plenty. But to those of you questioning the owners plans and ambitions, please take your head for a wobble. Absolute lunacy and an over reaction of the highest order. You all know who you are. Do you do it for reaction. It’s bad enough reading the comments on new signings before even seeing them play. To suggest the owners may not be chucking enough money in for a promotion push etc, we Its beyond belief. I fear what this board will be like if we miss out on play offs.
    The owners are obviously doing a great job. Surely people are allowed an opinion on new signings though? I mean lots of people are saying they think Jatta’s a good signing who I’m guessing they’ve not seen a lot of?

Everyone is entitled to opinions. And just recently due to change of manager and results not being so good, there has been plenty. But to those of you questioning the owners plans and ambitions, please take your head for a wobble. Absolute lunacy and an over reaction of the highest order. You all know who you are. Do you do it for reaction. Its bad enough reading the comments on new signings before even seeing them play. To suggest the owners may not be chucking enough money in for a promotion push etc, we'll, Its beyond belief. I fear what this board will be like if we miss out on play offs.
    This is why wise and sensible football club owners should not venture onto social media platforms.

I think the brothers are doing a great job and have been for the past four years. Its continued improvement and gradual process season on season.

I’m delighted that we’ve got to 2nd February and we still have the likes of Langstaff, Crowley and Jones in the building. If the club had given up on this season we could have decided to cash in on those.

So the fact these three are still at the club despite losing Luke Williams for me is a massive positive for the remainder of the season.

We’ve also brought in some players in multiple positions which will provide backup and depth.

We are in the playoffs so there is plenty to play for. Hopefully people will settle down and we can focus on the business end of the season and see where it takes us and enjoy the ride.

I personally quite like reading every opinion, when I'm in the mood. Sometimes people have really wacky ones and sometimes (rarely, admittedly) those people turn out to be right. Modern society's got enough groupthink, it's good to see people challenge the prevailing view occasionally.

Almost everyone who posts here is 100% right about the only thing that matters to me... they follow Notts. Everything else is totally up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I personally quite like reading every opinion, when I'm in the mood. Sometimes people have really wacky ones and sometimes (rarely, admittedly) those people turn out to be right. Modern society's got enough groupthink, it's good to see people challenge the prevailing view occasionally.

Almost everyone who posts here is 100% right about the only thing that matters to me... they follow Notts. Everything else is totally up for debate.
    I do agree with this. My personal opinion as stated earlier is I think we're doing well at the moment. I also think though that everyone should feel free to express themselves. If that gets in a row then it is what it is but yes, individual opinions are always *****.

I think we should remember it's only the internet, I take it all very lightly & the dozen or so members that I've actually met have all been ok & true Notts fans, some obviously post regular controversial/ argumentative thoughts to get a reaction & I find some of the more outrageous ones very amusing.

Footballs so subjective and that’s why it’s so interesting to discuss. I do feel for the people that do seem to be down on the club at the moment. Refardless of the league we’re in, this is a great time to be a Notts fan and just wonder what these people would feel if we had shoddy owners and shoddy football, as we’ve all witnessed how that looks before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12