+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝 Alassana Jatta Signs

I don't think there will be a problem obtaining the visa - didn't they change the rules at the start of the season to give clubs special dispensation to sign players who wouldn't normally qualify for a visa. I believe it was called the Elite Significant Contribution scheme or something along those lines. No idea if that effected the timeframe for approval though.

I think Scott will be back before Jatta gets into the country and gets fit as he hasn't played since December. I'd play Scott over Jatta all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I think Scott will be back before Jatta gets into the country and gets fit as he hasn't played since December. I'd play Scott over Jatta all day long.
    That was the thrust on Magpie Circle last night - March at the earliest to be in the country was their thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    That was the thrust on Magpie Circle last night - March at the earliest to be in the country was their thoughts.
    Bit of an odd signing, maybe he'll score the winner in the play off final

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I’m pretty sure Jatta will be in better shape than Scott in that he will be training (somewhere) and not recovering from a very serious injury. Then the answer we don’t know is he better or worse than Scott. I would go on the assumption is as fans we don’t know, the owners stated they felt he could excel in this league and the one above.

Scott is expected to be back end of March. Jatta should be able to play end of February but probably won't be match fit for a month after that.

Any worry Jatta won't get a visa should be cleared by a signing Tranmere have just made - young midfielder directly from a Senegalese club who hasn't played a game in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Any worry Jatta won't get a visa should be cleared by a signing Tranmere have just made - young midfielder directly from a Senegalese club who hasn't played a game in Europe.
    They trying to out-radar us? Get a signing announced from Mongolia.

It's just occurred to me that Notts will need a sponsorship licence to bring in Jatta (and any other overseas players). No idea if they've already got one, you'd have to hope so with the Radar model. We'd need to be in the FL to get one, so presumably they sorted it last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’m pretty sure Jatta will be in better shape than Scott in that he will be training (somewhere) and not recovering from a very serious injury. Then the answer we don’t know is he better or worse than Scott. I would go on the assumption is as fans we don’t know, the owners stated they felt he could excel in this league and the one above.
    Could Jatta train with us / the 1st team, but not actually play until he gets this permit visa thingy !?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast