+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝 Alassana Jatta Signs

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I agree, and I think that could be a bit of a masterstroke. We are clearly fantastic going forward, and attack in a really incisive, structured way that means we score a lot of quite similar goals from our patterns of play.

But on the odd occasion we come up against a particularly well organised defence or just have an off day, it can look a bit sterile and non-threatening. Last Saturday was crying out for a six-foot-four Gambian who doesn't know what he's going to do next to shake things up and create a bit of space.
    The 'human hand grenade' role, as Charlie Slater used to say about Eli Sam.

Another Sam "the salmon" Sodje ??.
    Enjoyed watching him, always nailed on that something different was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    When the Bros arrived it was clear that a part of their strategy was to unearth gems from the continent. I think they've shown great patience, and bit their lip, since Ruben and Eli signed in 2020. Hopefully now, with the signing of 'Big-Al' Jatta this signals that the radar can once again scan the continent and get our moneyball strategy firing on all cylinders
    One of the huge advantages of being back in the FL is that we can now sign players who need a sportsperson visa.

Happy February 2nd from the sunny blue skies of Wrexham.

Seen the light and realised you need to mix it up a bit and go long with a big lump up top have we lads?

Welcome to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post

Seen the light and realised you need to mix it up a bit and go long with a big lump up top have we lads?

Welcome to the party.
    That's right, we've decided to completely change the way we play, ripping up years of effort building a distinctive footballing philosophy so we can launch it long instead.

GERRIT FORWUDS

Must say I'm surprised that macca is still here. I thought the delay in signing Jatta was because they were waiting for macca's move to go through .Great stuff from the owners and a statement of intent

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Must say I'm surprised that macca is still here. I thought the delay in signing Jatta was because they were waiting for macca's move to go through .Great stuff from the owners and a statement of intent
    Me too.

Unless he gets an injury, I'm sure Macca will be snapped up in the summer. By then Jatta should be settled in, and we'll have Cedwyn back.

It’s clear that Jatta is better in the air than Eli Sam. Quite hopeful that he will be an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post

Welcome to the party.
    We offered Ben Tozer a 5-year deal just for his long throws.

He turned us down when he realised we didn't do a documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Do we pronounce Jatta with a J as in Juliet or a Y as in Yankee?
    I'm meeting a Gambian friend later today and I'll ask her.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast