+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝 Alassana Jatta Signs

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He was refused a visa some time ago when his team played West ham in a euro game.....
    Denmark > Calais > Small Boat > Dover > Meadow Lane > Sorted

He was refused a visa some time ago when his team played West ham in a euro game.....
    My understanding was that he was not refused an entry visa but Viborg had not applied in time, but we should never let the truth get in the way of a good story (works for the Daily Mail and Express).

https://onefootball.com/en/news/vibo...visas-35657699

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    I doubt that very much.
    I take it you work in the Visa office then

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    My understanding was that he was not refused an entry visa but Viborg had not applied in time, but we should never let the truth get in the way of a good story (works for the Daily Mail and Express).

https://onefootball.com/en/news/vibo...visas-35657699
    Your understanding was not quite correct. From the information in your link, Viborg couldn't get visas approved for the two players as the process would take 'several weeks' and they were only given one week's notice of the game.

I guess you never let facts get in the way of having a dig at the press who have a different view to your political one-eyedness - even when you provide those 'facts'.

That was because he used Nemane as a reference.

I've been involved in a number of Tier 2 visa applications, which has now changed name, but is essentially very similar.

The 3 week clock isn't set in stone, and doesn't start until all the paperwork has been submitted. If the applicant needs an IELTS test or whatever it's called now (English language), that'll have to be sat too. It's also dependent on the number of applications being processed at the time. It looks like timescales have improved hugely, I've known visas take up to 6 months, but that was a few years ago.

The paperwork can be a difficult if you don't know what you're doing as one small omission can delay things. Hopefully there's either someone at the club who knows how the system works, or we're using an outside expert organisation. I'd imagine that the application process started before the signing was announced.

Everything had to be done properly, the Home Office can and do pitch up with little notice to do random checks.

It took my wife 9 months to be granted pre-settled status, despite her being married to a British national, being the mother of two British nationals, having lived and worked here for two years prior to Brexit, speaking English fluently, and already having a national insurance number, bank account and NHS number. I find it astonishing that they'll be able to grant a Gambian dude the right to live and work here in a couple of weeks!

Hopefully Jatta's experience with the Home Office is less frustrating than mine.

But on the concerns that people have shared about his VISA application being rejected - I'm 99% sure our owners know that it will be fine. They don't strike me as the type of people to make a glaring error that would be hugely embarrassing to the club and damaging to the remainder of our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Your understanding was not quite correct. From the information in your link, Viborg couldn't get visas approved for the two players as the process would take 'several weeks' and they were only given one week's notice of the game.

I guess you never let facts get in the way of having a dig at the press who have a different view to your political one-eyedness - even when you provide those 'facts'.
    I thought that would hit a nerve somewhere.

Back to the serious point - my response was to Durhams suggestion as fact that Jatta was refused a visa, which was totally incorrect because the reason was the time to process the application and not a refusal to grant one.

I don't think there will be a problem obtaining the visa - didn't they change the rules at the start of the season to give clubs special dispensation to sign players who wouldn't normally qualify for a visa. I believe it was called the Elite Significant Contribution scheme or something along those lines. No idea if that effected the timeframe for approval though.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I've been involved in a number of Tier 2 visa applications, which has now changed name, but is essentially very similar.

The 3 week clock isn't set in stone, and doesn't start until all the paperwork has been submitted. If the applicant needs an IELTS test or whatever it's called now (English language), that'll have to be sat too. It's also dependent on the number of applications being processed at the time. It looks like timescales have improved hugely, I've known visas take up to 6 months, but that was a few years ago.

The paperwork can be a difficult if you don't know what you're doing as one small omission can delay things. Hopefully there's either someone at the club who knows how the system works, or we're using an outside expert organisation. I'd imagine that the application process started before the signing was announced.

Everything had to be done properly, the Home Office can and do pitch up with little notice to do random checks.
    That's very reassuring bit of an insight into the workings of the system, but I have never thought that our owners would drop the ball in a situation like this, their mantra is impeccable planning, so it is near on impossible for Jatta not to get clearance.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast