+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝 Alassana Jatta Signs

Looks promising. Hopefully another gem has been found.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Looks promising. Hopefully another gem has been found.
    When the Bros arrived it was clear that a part of their strategy was to unearth gems from the continent. I think they've shown great patience, and bit their lip, since Ruben and Eli signed in 2020. Hopefully now, with the signing of 'Big-Al' Jatta this signals that the radar can once again scan the continent and get our moneyball strategy firing on all cylinders

I have this feeling he’s going to be one of those sublime/ridiculous players. You never know what he’s going to do because he doesn’t know himself.
    Really looking forward to seeing this guy play for us.

Very very happy with that signing, offers something quite different too

Do we pronounce Jatta with a J as in Juliet or a Y as in Yankee?

Not sure. But I'm informed it means Lion in Mandinka

I just put the Arabic version of the surname Jatta in Google and got results for the video game Grand Theft Auto, so I think that means it must be written Gta in Arabic.

I don't speak Arabic unfortunately but I have heard they don't write vowels (Qatar is written Qtr in Arabic I believe) so that would make our new man's surname pronounced with a hard 'j' or something like Giata in a phonetically easy language like Italian.

Sounds like it is with a Y

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I have this feeling he’s going to be one of those sublime/ridiculous players. You never know what he’s going to do because he doesn’t know himself.
    Really looking forward to seeing this guy play for us.
    I agree, and I think that could be a bit of a masterstroke. We are clearly fantastic going forward, and attack in a really incisive, structured way that means we score a lot of quite similar goals from our patterns of play.

But on the odd occasion we come up against a particularly well organised defence or just have an off day, it can look a bit sterile and non-threatening. Last Saturday was crying out for a six-foot-four Gambian who doesn't know what he's going to do next to shake things up and create a bit of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Not sure. But I'm informed it means Lion in Mandinka
    Is Mandinka a sauce then ? Not tried that.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast