+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Kelly gone

Disapointed to see George go .I don't think he was given a descent run of games. I remember the equalising goal against Burnley Would have liked to see him play more regular. Shall watch is progress.best of luck Georgy.

I think Georgie will go to Carlisle and end up being to them what Alan Lee ended up being for us 20 odd years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    I think Georgie will go to Carlisle and end up being to them what Alan Lee ended up being for us 20 odd years ago
    Maybe,I am sure we will no doubt hear about it if he does..😊

Very, very disappointed about this.
    Nothing really to add that others haven't already said, beyond I agree he could have been a very handy player for us next season.

Good luck Georgie, I'll be another keeping my eye in how he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Yes, they are called idiots.
    Spot on both of you - it's a total circus
    It couldn't be more of a sh1t show if Gru were made chairman, director of football, manager, coach and centre forward

For me, this is the final straw

I've watched across 7 decades, been a season ticket holder for much of the time and generally supported through thick and thin (I took a time out during most of the Alan Knill/Mick Harford and Andy Scott/Steve Evans errors) but I've never felt so disconnected from the club

Season ticket's going in t'bin - I'd rather go & watch Derby now TBH and if Carlisle have any games that are close (or I have a weekend away in the Lakes) I'd rather go & watch the Cumbrians
    I'll be back at NYS next season if Carlisle are playing but I'll be in the away end

I don't expect anyone else on here to agree or even understand so I'll be checking out of these boards too, not that I'm expecting to be missed

Utter clown parade
    This is a new low

Sorry to see the lad go. To me he embodied the rags to riches journey of a non-league player to instant hero at Gillingham. Sadly the goal that ensured promotion, ultimately sent Georgie down the pecking order. Four managers during his stay at the club and none of them trusted him to start. Very sad end.

Carlisle away at Leyton Orient tomorrow and they are around 10 points adrift of safety. Be interesting if Georgie plays and if he can score the goals that Carlisle clearly need to get them out of the 💩

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Spot on both of you - it's a total circus
    It couldn't be more of a sh1t show if Gru were made chairman, director of football, manager, coach and centre forward

For me, this is the final straw

I've watched across 7 decades, been a season ticket holder for much of the time and generally supported through thick and thin (I took a time out during most of the Alan Knill/Mick Harford and Andy Scott/Steve Evans errors) but I've never felt so disconnected from the club

Season ticket's going in t'bin - I'd rather go & watch Derby now TBH and if Carlisle have any games that are close (or I have a weekend away in the Lakes) I'd rather go & watch the Cumbrians
    I'll be back at NYS next season if Carlisle are playing but I'll be in the away end

I don't expect anyone else on here to agree or even understand so I'll be checking out of these boards too, not that I'm expecting to be missed

Utter clown parade
    This is a new low
    🤣🤣🤣 never been a supporter.
    See ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    Sorry to see the lad go. To me he embodied the rags to riches journey of a non-league player to instant hero at Gillingham. Sadly the goal that ensured promotion, ultimately sent Georgie down the pecking order. Four managers during his stay at the club and none of them trusted him to start. Very sad end.
    True and quite ironic that it’s at a time when we are discussing club theme tunes. We used to play “ Local Hero” and whilst Georgie wasn’t local he sort of established that type of link with the fans.

Not something that Cafu and others at the club can be linked with

In hindsight, that goal he scored at Gillingham could have been the start of his downfall. I know it wasn't the actual 'winner' that day but had we gone on to draw that game and not get promotion he might have got more time in L1 to become an established EFL player.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast