+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we stronger ??

Are we stronger ??

Basically three out, Roberts, Zarouri and Obafemi, three in, Fofana, Assignon and Esteve.

On balance I'd say we're stronger for those six deals, the three shipped out were contributing the square root of feck all anyway, so it can't make us any weaker. Whether it will be enough to keep us up, who knows, that's more likely as much in the lap of the VAR gods as in the player's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Basically three out, Roberts, Zarouri and Obafemi, three in, Fofana, Assignon and Esteve.

On balance I'd say we're stronger for those six deals, the three shipped out were contributing the square root of feck all anyway, so it can't make us any weaker. Whether it will be enough to keep us up, who knows, that's more likely as much in the lap of the VAR gods as in the player's hands.
    CJ Egan-Riley also goes out to PSV Eindhoven. Hopefully we will be stronger after the comings and goings. We will soon find out! Roberts and Zaroury were a key part of our Championship winning team but have fallen out of favour for one reason or another this season.

Franchi gone back to Italy another wage saved, was a fee involved.

CJ and Franchi weren't involved with the first team, so while it's important for the players themselves, neither move is going to impact much on our prospects for the rest of the season. When you look at the small print of CJ's move you find he's signed for the PSV U21 squad, so it seems unlikely he's going to be featuring much in their first team.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

I think we are Sinkov - though as with all the other signings can they step
    Up and play at premiership level - I’ve looked at the full back and centre back and they both look competitive - quick and aggressive in their style of play so hopefully they’ll be two good signings.

We should have got O hare though from Coventry - a midfielder is required.

Interestingly the other night at city Berge has pace when he builds up a head of steam and carries the ball very well - but when he flat footed from a standing start he doesn’t have the pace to track midfielders who go past him. W

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

Interestingly the other night at city Berge has pace when he builds up a head of steam and carries the ball very well - but when he flat footed from a standing start he doesn’t have the pace to track midfielders who go past him. W
    Great minds army, I was thinking the same thing, he cruises past people with the ball like they're not there, but when someone goes past him it's like he's running through treacle, they're gone and he's not catching them. Bizarre really.

I think you’ve done some astute business this window and you’ll be stronger for it once the new lads have settled in.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    I think you’ve done some astute business this window and you’ll be stronger for it once the new lads have settled in.
    Yup, we'll sweep all aside in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Yup, we'll sweep all aside in the Championship.
    ..apart from the Wanderers if we get there obviously

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    ..apart from the Wanderers if we get there obviously
    I'm looking forward to it lusty, I really am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)