+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Fulham Match Preview

Burnley v Fulham Match Preview

January proved a very disappointing month for visitors Fulham as they suffered aggregate defeat to Liverpool in their two legged Carabao Cup Semi-Final before being beaten at Craven Cottage by Newcastle in Round 4 of the FA Cup. Fulham made it 5 games in all competitions without a win as they completed their January fixtures with a 0-0 home draw v Everton. This lean spell is a far cry from the beginning of December when the Cottagers recorded successive 5-0 homes wins against Nottingham Forest and West Ham. Fulham’s subsequent struggles in front of goal included a 0-2 home defeat to Burnley just before Christmas and it is no surprise that they were strongly linked during the current week with a loan move for Chelsea striker Armando Broja. A serious hamstring injury to Raul Jimenez against Everton stepped up the need to secure a deal for Broja and the necessary paperwork was submitted shortly before the transfer window closed.

Burnley were very busy themselves on transfer deadline day. Right back Lorenz Assignon and centre back Maxime Esteve were brought in on loan from French Ligue 1 clubs Rennes and Montpellier respectively. Connor Roberts to Leeds, Anass Zaroury to Hull and CJ Egan-Riley to PSV Eindhoven have all left Turf Moor on loan deals. The Clarets travelled to the Etihad on Wednesday evening and were beaten 3:1 by Manchester City with Ameen Al-Dakhil netting an injury time consolation goal for Burnley. David Fofana who came on as a second half substitute and provided the assist for the goal could well have booked a start against Fulham while Assignon and Esteve are likely to be on the bench. Fulham boss Marco Silva has stated that in addition to Jimenez, Issa Diop, Harry Wilson and Adama Traore will not be available for selection on Saturday. Broja could well however go straight into his starting lineup at Turf Moor.

Burnley now trail 17th placed Luton Town by seven points and they must surely now regard a home win against Fulham as essential to their survival. Failure to pick up three points will almost surely confirm that they will be making an immediate return to the Championship. While Everton and Nottingham Forest are facing charges relating to the breach of profit and sustainability rules the Clarets must take every opportunity to put pressure on all their relegation rivals. UTC.

Thank you Sir Outwood, I agree wholeheartedly with your last paragraph, the other two aren't so bad either.

I really shouldn't be doing this, tempting fate big style, but I hope their new loan signing Broja plays. I've seen him a bit for Chelsea and no wonder they're shipping him out, not impressed is the kindest way I can put it, a feckin donkey if I wanted to be unkind.

I might bet on him to be first goal-scorer now, just in case, you never know.

Talking to a couple of Fulham fans in a tapas bar here and they think they’re very dodgy away form might just sink them. They regard Saturday as a must not lose game and are scared $hit**less of Fofana.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 03-02-2024 at 08:40 AM.

The comeback starts …..

Watching our lot today but I’m hoping you batter Fulham whilst I’m away.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Talking to a couple of Fulham fans in a tapas bar here and they think they’re very dodgy away form might just sink them. They regard Saturday as a must not lose game and are scared $hit**less of Fofana.
    That went tits up very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    The comeback starts …..
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    The comeback starts …..
    Very nearly so.. 2 pts dropped.

When you are 0-2 down with 20 minutes left to play a point comes as welcome relief. My only comment would be why didn’t Fofana start?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)