+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayr (A) Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Morton hammered Dunfermline today and we couldnt even manage 1 against them.
    This is exactly what I was thinking as the goals were raining in for Motion - doesn’t say much for use that count even manage ONE against the Pars. Similar to Raith really - how many clean sheets have they kept since playing us? I’m sure Ayr put four past them a week after we failed to even notch one!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Course yi do....

Of course I do, the only football I have an emotional connection to, it's class, a brilliant soap opera, don't understand folk that spend more time following clubs or football from other countries but claim to follow a Scottish team, don't get me wrong I keep up with football elsewhere but I'll watch a Scottish game over a non Scottish game nearly every time

Also never remember being happy after a Utd game that we've lost because we were entertaining, had lots of chances or played good stuff, this season we've been good on the eye and won on occasion, on occasion scored a good few but being solid and grinding out the wins is what will get us promoted and get the club back on track in the long run

And this team are we working hard for the club, each other and the manager and don't deserve the volume of criticism that they've had at times, in my view

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking as the goals were raining in for Motion - doesn’t say much for use that count even manage ONE against the Pars. Similar to Raith really - how many clean sheets have they kept since playing us? I’m sure Ayr put four past them a week after we failed to even notch one!

We've failed to score in three games in 22 so kind of a moot point

Morton are in really decent form, shading us at top of the form table (4-2-0 to our 4-1-1) but have lost twice to Dunfermline this season before today

Teams don't play the same against Utd as they do vs everyone else

Scottish football is stinking, I keep up with of other scores, but outside of United matches barely watch any other Scottish football. Too much football full stop on TV, it's just overkill. Champions league is a bit of yawn too these days, same teams playing each other so much means the mystique European football had has been stripped away.

lucky today, JG cant get us playing football, wotherspoon lost in this team

It’s all about winning for me

We do need to improve the performance and the Raith match is absolutely massive

I just want us out of this rotten league as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Scottish football is stinking, I keep up with of other scores, but outside of United matches barely watch any other Scottish football. Too much football full stop on TV, it's just overkill. Champions league is a bit of yawn too these days, same teams playing each other so much means the mystique European football had has been stripped away.
    . Couldn’t agree more. Complete tv overkill with everything geared towards the same big teams playing each other again & again. No chance nowadays for smaller teams making a name for themselves. I barely last 10 minutes watching any game on tv now. Changed days from being excited to see Barcelona, Liverpool, Milan, Madrid or any other of the giants clashing. The fact every game is a big game now & that they all play each other so often has made it boring. Modern football sucks

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Of course I do, the only football I have an emotional connection to, it's class, a brilliant soap opera, don't understand folk that spend more time following clubs or football from other countries but claim to follow a Scottish team, don't get me wrong I keep up with football elsewhere but I'll watch a Scottish game over a non Scottish game nearly every time
    I'm the same tbf. Scottish football every time. F*ck knows why cos it's rank rotten.

Because its oors.its nae up to much but its oors .

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I'm the same tbf. Scottish football every time. F*ck knows why cos it's rank rotten.
    Having lived down south for quite some time, I got used to sticking up for Scottish football every time the conversation came up. But these days I don't even bother. It's not the quality of the football that bothers me as much as the absolute state of the game and the total c*nts that run it.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)