+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ayr (A) Match Thread

Dug out the 3 points from a goal behind, that's determination and character. Credit to Goodwin, made the right subs and one of the subs nets shortly after coming on.

And as a bonus it gives Raith a couple of weeks to stew about their form and our late winners.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's not a poor run, it's just not as good as earlier in the season which was almost impeccable

And no they are responsible for us being top, culpable for anything else, they are doing well by the club fit the most part after the **** show of last season

Sick of the chronic negativity in our support
    I wouldn’t go anywhere near eastfootball then if I was you. It’s depressing reading the negativity there.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    It’s all about winning for me

We do need to improve the performance and the Raith match is absolutely massive

I just want us out of this rotten league as soon as possible
    Sadly I think the league above could be just as rotten but I do hope we get the chance to find out!

I'll never understand why folk describe the game up here as rotten (or such like). If that's what you really think why on earth would you spend time/money on it? Baffling. 🤔

So, Utd late win, Scotland win the rugby and Lawrence of Arabia gets the Funsters in to a frothing seethe. Oh and I’m also in Tenerife.

Carlsberg Saturday all round.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'll never understand why folk describe the game up here as rotten (or such like). If that's what you really think why on earth would you spend time/money on it? Baffling. 🤔
    Standard of football, officiating, commentating, atmosphere etc etc. It's pish, but it's in our blood.

Scottish football is good. Being a DUFC fan going to Tannadice to see football is great. Being born and bred in Dundee you can't beat supporting your local team. Years ago I would say you could go to the game and no matter who the opposition was you felt you had a chance of a victory. These days I feel you are seeing players, playing first-team football, when they aren't match fit.

Just seen the goals from yesterday. Every one a howler from the keepers it seemed to me (the video angle wasn't great). 🤔 Still, brilliant win, that's the most important thing at the moment. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It does get a bad name elsewhere Terry & it's maybe not as good as it used to be (everything was better then syndrome) but everytime I set foot in Tanners I still feel like a wee boy going to my first game. Scottish Fitba is unique & steeped in history & there's not a league like it anywhere. Our dads & grandads went & our sons & daughters will too. Without Dundee United life would not be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    It does get a bad name elsewhere Terry & it's maybe not as good as it used to be (everything was better then syndrome) but everytime I set foot in Tanners I still feel like a wee boy going to my first game. Scottish Fitba is unique & steeped in history & there's not a league like it anywhere. Our dads & grandads went & our sons & daughters will too. Without Dundee United life would not be the same.
    I should clarify, I'm not on about outsiders. I never understand why fans who pay good money and spend limited time going to matches call it rotten. Life's too short to waste on something you think is rotten isn't it?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)