+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's back !!

Some bookies have England 1/6 to beat Wales, VC are 2/13 !! Jesus fecking wept, I don't follow Welsh Rugby so I honestly don't know, are Wales realty that bad, they blew Scotland away in the 2nd half last week didn't they ? I might get on Betfair and lay England, as they showed against Italy they're still miles away from the finished article.

I think Wales will beat England, I really do.

Who gives a phook!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Who gives a phook!
    About 15 million English people and the whole nation of Wales alfie.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Who gives a phook!
    Alfie my mate, an echo from the M62 corridor !!

The nation awaits Alfie, this is a big deal, not like tiddlywinks and that 13 a side kick and rush game. I'll bet you have a sneaky peep at it Alfie, you can't ignore such a massive event in the nation's sporting calendar. You're a bit like BT with the Monarchy, you can pretend it doesn't exist but it does, and it dwarfs your minority pastime.
    Last edited by sinkov; 08-02-2024 at 10:36 AM.

FFS, Borthwick is going to keep the same team, we start with the two easiest games and he won't try anything different. Hopefully it goes well because if he starts chopping and changing against Scotland, France and Ireland they'll have our pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Alfie my mate, an echo from the M62 corridor !!

The nation awaits Alfie, this is a big deal, not like tiddlywinks and that 13 a side kick and rush game. I'll bet you have a sneaky peep at it Alfie, you can't ignore such a massive event in the nation's sporting calendar. You're a bit like BT with the Monarchy, you can pretend it doesn't exist but it does, and it dwarfs your minority pastime.
    The UK's threadbare monarchy is on it's last legs mon ami. You can pretend it isn't, but it is.

This poll was conducted a year ago and the numbers are falling even greater.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...w-poll-reveals

Before my latest trip to Spain I had a couple of pints in Accrington with my youngest son. He's 25 and he was with half a dozen of his mates all around the same age.

The monarchy subject came up, the reaction from the lads was spectacularly good for a devout Republican lime me. Enough said!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The UK's threadbare monarchy is on it's last legs mon ami. You can pretend it isn't, but it is.

This poll was conducted a year ago and the numbers are falling even greater.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...w-poll-reveals

Before my latest trip to Spain I had a couple of pints in Accrington with my youngest son. He's 25 and he was with half a dozen of his mates all around the same age.

The monarchy subject came up, the reaction from the lads was spectacularly good for a devout Republican lime me. Enough said!
    A Grauniad poll on the monarchy ? I have better things to do with my time mon ami, than ruminate on what the Loony Left think of their King.

The thing that worries me about Borthwick is thst he's now picking two players, Slade and Mitchell, who he excluded from his WC squad. I'm glad he's seen sense on the pair of them, but he does seem a bit all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A Grauniad poll on the monarchy ? I have better things to do with my time mon ami, than ruminate on what the Loony Left think of their King.

The thing that worries me about Borthwick is thst he's now picking two players, Slade and Mitchell, who he excluded from his WC squad. I'm glad he's seen sense on the pair of them, but he does seem a bit all over the place.
    Being totally honest with you sinkov I don't recognise half of the new faces.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Being totally honest with you sinkov I don't recognise half of the new faces.
    Me neither, I don't take much notice of club rugby, just the Internationals, so I very rarely know anything about the newbies. I'd never heard of Ethan Roots until a couple of weeks ago, but we might have hit the jackpot with him, he does look the real deal.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)