+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mikey johnson

Mikey johnson

Brendan Rodgers openly admitted Johnston had a lot of tactical development to undergo, and the double-treble-winning boss will likely be happy to have the winger out of his hair for now.

Not getting too excited. Hope I’m wrong.

Heard he’s lazy! Need a goal scorer so looking forward to the West Ham kid getting in quickly! At the other end - thank the Lord that Palmer will be returning!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Heard he’s lazy! Need a goal scorer so looking forward to the West Ham kid getting in quickly! At the other end - thank the Lord that Palmer will be returning!!
    Not too excited there either. Watched some footage of him, nothing special and if he’s only just come on as a sub in a cup match that’s like one of our lads who can’t break into the first team. Again hope I’m wrong.

He was very highly regarded a few years back but seems to have lost his way.

This reminds me of the Jefferson Montero loan and I think he'll just be a squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Whilst only on for a short period, no evidence of laziness yesterday baggieal buddy. Indeed his persistence provided the pass for Furlong to cross for Weimann to score. Here’s hoping he will capitalise on this opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Whilst only on for a short period, no evidence of laziness yesterday baggieal buddy. Indeed his persistence provided the pass for Furlong to cross for Weimann to score. Here’s hoping he will capitalise on this opportunity!

Agree Prando and Asante wouldn’t have been clinical with that super goal!

I think that based on their brief appearances both Johnstone and Marshall may prove to be decent acquisitions. Johnstone in particular looked like he had something to prove which will benefit us by keeping others on their toes. Despite occasional good movements that reminded us of how good they can be, too many players yesterday were poor. But lack of consistency has long been our problem and hopefully the recent loanees will give Corberan fresh options when Wallace and particularly Swift look stale.

As for BTA, I really like his attitude and general commitment but, whilst I accept that he too often does not get the service he needs when played as a loan striker, he is no natural goal scorer and agree that he is frequently not clinical enough in front of goal. He had an uncharacteristically poor game yesterday and Weinmann's ability to take his goal highlighted this shortcoming. Tbh, I don't think his height helps either as he isn't going to win many headers against taller opposition but despite all this he can still cause defences problems. With Dike coming back, would quite like to see them given the opportunity to play together and see whether that bears fruit. They appear to have bonded well off the pitch so maybe they can strike a decent partnership on it?

It would be interesting to see Marshall and BTA together from the start, could be very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It would be interesting to see Marshall and BTA together from the start, could be very effective.
    BTA as a loan striker hasn't really worked for us and I know we have managed goals from elsewhere but it would be good to be able to field two strikers for a change whether BTA and Dike or BTA and Marshall as agree that we may well get more joy from this.

As an aside, given the amount of corners we win, we very rarely capitalize on this despite the height of some of our players. The balls in don't generally seem to be the problem so what is it? Oh for the days of Dawson....

I think with the lovely wing play of Fellows and his crosses into the box we are crying out for a totally fit and healthy Dike who has the height and power to get on the end of those crosses. I do think his presence in the box yesterday helped with the goal as most of the defenders were concentrating on Dike when Weiman nipped in. But unfortunately due to past experience I just get the feeling that the first time Dike tries to accelerate after a ball he will go down like a 2 dollar hooker on the Titanic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)