Swansea v Plymouth Sat 3 Feb 15:00
As we move into February, and after a pretty disastrous Xmas and January results wise, it has to be asked, are we sleepwalking to relegation?
The January Transfer Window resulted in three wingers transferred in, Ronald Pereira Martins, Charles Sagoe Jr, and Przemysław Płacheta. We wanted pace in the side and now we’ve got it.
For me, I’m more concerned with our defending and the massive 22 goals conceded in the last 8 games, including the two Cup games.
Brandon Cooper, Nathan Tjoe-A-On, Nathanael Ogbeta, and Kristian Pedersen, four defenders, and all were shipped out in January.
No defenders incoming to bolster the back line, how weird.
Turning to today’s game at home to Plymouth, we must be down to the bare bones in defence with Harry Darling and Josh Key out injured.
We have defenders Naughton, Cabango, Wood, Humphreys, Tymon and Ashby left to choose from.
Plymouth are in better form than us, one defeat in their last 6 games, a narrow 2-1 defeat at Southampton:
23/12 Plymouth 3 - Birmingham 3
26/12 Cardiff 2 - Plymouth 2
29/12 Southampton 2 - Plymouth 1
1/1 Plymouth 3 - Watford 3
13/1 Huddersfield 1 - Plymouth 1
20/1 Plymouth 3 - Cardiff 1
New head-coach Luke Williams will be looking for his first league win.
If he continues with the kamikaze tactics used so far of playing a high line leaving us wide open to the counter-attack and passing out from the back then I can see another defeat on the cards.