+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town FC 03.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Could be argued that Flitcroft was a better manager for them, he finished 4th, Clough's best so far is 7th.
    wrong ye again fourth

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    When are they doing that?? More chance of your lot building a 4th stand
    If the inbreds go up, that's a difficult one for the Radfords. If they plan to continue up the leagues they will need to invest a fair bit to assemble a competitive League 1 squad, and a capacity of 8,600 won't contribute much. A brand new stand won't come cheap, and if they build one and get relegated it won't be needed. The new fans like Scamps will be off like a shot if they start losing regularly.

There are similarities with their Flitcroft season, his side were very hard to beat in the first half of the season, only lost once in their opening 24 (exactly the same as this season), they then spent most of the 2nd half of the season in the top 3 (2nd as late as 21st April) and then blew it by losing their last 3 including MKD away. Their last three fixtures this season also includes MKD away as well as Gillingham home and Barrow away, they've also got Wrexham away late on.

I love how fans of different clubs all attack each other for having more fans when things are going well and fewer when things aren't, like it doesn't happen to every single football club in the world.

Anyone seen a replay yet of the four big events Notts-wise from the Stags game - the off-the-line clearances early on, the Flint header onto his own bar, the Jones miss and the Macca penalty shout. I noticed Macca having a long chat with the ref after the latter incident, presumably telling him why he got it wrong.

Those “highlights” on Notts’ YouTube site are a bit of a joke in terms of reflecting the game, but one thing they do show is how easily Crowley was dispossessed just before their goal. Although it was a good finish, we only have ourselves to blame for giving him the chance to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Anyone seen a replay yet of the four big events Notts-wise from the Stags game - the off-the-line clearances early on, the Flint header onto his own bar, the Jones miss and the Macca penalty shout. I noticed Macca having a long chat with the ref after the latter incident, presumably telling him why he got it wrong.

Those “highlights” on Notts’ YouTube site are a bit of a joke in terms of reflecting the game, but one thing they do show is how easily Crowley was dispossessed just before their goal. Although it was a good finish, we only have ourselves to blame for giving him the chance to shoot.
    And Jodie just standing watching him shoot.

I honestly don't understand why these moments didn't make the highlights. I wasn't at the game so still haven't seen them, but you'd think a goal-line clearance, hitting the bar and it possibly bouncing behind the line, and a penalty shout would all be worth including.

I also find it strange that Mansfield fans claim we didn't really trouble their goal, given that we hit the woodwork twice, had one cleared off the line, and possibly even scored (even some Stags thought it was behind the line).

I know a stags fan that was behind the goal.
    He said the ball was well over the line!
    It just felt like it was never going to be our day on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I know a stags fan that was behind the goal.
    He said the ball was well over the line!
    It just felt like it was never going to be our day on Saturday!
    He could just be saying it to wind you up.

Yes, the highlights and the extended highlights were a bit “selective”, as if chosen by a Stags fan! I also watched the whole replay, masochist that I am. We shouldn’t have lost. So near to scoring, and their defender had his arm round Langstaff’s neck for the clear penalty. I couldn’t see the ball when it hit the ground for the goal line incident.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast