+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Mansfield Town FC 03.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    The usual Field Mill experience. Shed of a ground. Pitch was awful. More sand down that right hand side than on Skeg beach. Stewards who have no idea what to do apart from putting their hands on fans.

We were bang average verging on poor at times. The switch with JJ and AM didn’t work at all and was really surprised he persisted after half time.

Ref was rubbish and looked a penalty to me, but we can’t use that as an excuse.

We looked like we had no bite in all the areas of the pitch.

Baldwin was up for it today and even though we had a couple of his usual brain farts, he tackled well and covered a lot of ground and kept the score down.
    Horrible game for Warner to debut in. Felt for him.

Bostock has gone missing totally now and we need to give him a break. Thought Robertson was better today. Probably the only one of the midfield/attack that was willing to put his foot in.

Jones can not cross from the right side.

Aggression was the winner today and we didn’t have enough of it. They play to frustrate, but also to be aggressive and it works for them.
    We play to go slow…almost walking pace for a large majority of it…and play pretty passes, but when the pitch is so poor and players aren’t in form, we look like we’re lost.
    Commentary team said we were alright but you were at the game so good to hear a sensible non-biased opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I never go to Mansfield to watch Notts as we always lose for some reason, I did go once with my Dad though but that was in the 80,s lol
    Not been to watch Notts there since 2007, always an awful experience, the ground, the stewards, everything, it's horrible, I went to watch Derby in the League cup last season there though.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Commentary team said we were alright but you were at the game so good to hear a sensible non-biased opinion.
    We had chances and on another day, they may have gone in and changed the whole game, but they didn’t and we laboured with the same old too many passes and static players routine.

Didzy grew into the game, but the close control stuff was never going to be the way forwards on a pitch like that imo. Bodies pulling people around and showing some aggression worked for Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Those 2 were the most biased commentary I’ve ever heard. Got names wrong and saw imaginary fouls on their players.
    Makes me appreciate Stallard and Co far more.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Those 2 were the most biased commentary I’ve ever heard. Got names wrong and saw imaginary fouls on their players.
    I meant Bracegirdle and Stallard were the commentary team.

We should have come in leading at half-time, but didn’t take our chances and failed to clear the ball twice and then didn’t close the guy down for their goal. Frustrating.

Second half was very disappointing, though. Failed to create much other than the Jones chance (from a Mansfield error) that he blazed over and we were far too one-paced. For the second week in a row, we only managed one shot on target, which is worrying. Can’t imagine the XG was very high today either.

I thought Robertson was the pick of the midfield, but Bostock was dreadful and Crowley little better. Both need a spell on the bench - time to bring JOB back next week and see what the loanee from Crewe can do. I did feel for the wing-backs having to play in those sandpits, but neither did well enough overall.

Big game coming up on Friday, otherwise I fear mid-table beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We should have come in leading at half-time, but didn’t take our chances and failed to clear the ball twice and then didn’t close the guy down for their goal. Frustrating.

Second half was very disappointing, though. Failed to create much other than the Jones chance (from a Mansfield error) that he blazed over and we were far too one-paced. For the second week in a row, we only managed one shot on target, which is worrying. Can’t imagine the XG was very high today either.

I thought Robertson was the pick of the midfield, but Bostock was dreadful and Crowley little better. Both need a spell on the bench - time to bring JOB back next week and see what the loanee from Crewe can do. I did feel for the wing-backs having to play in those sandpits, but neither did well enough overall.

Big game coming up on Friday, otherwise I fear mid-table beckons.
    Crowley seems to have escaped criticism so far, but I don't see how, he's been awful for over a month now.

I wouldn’t say we played badly particularly and first half we were just plain unlucky not to be at least level, but…

We all knew their pitch was bad and that it was going to be a game about fine margins, physicality, winning battles etc. We didn’t pick a team for that, didn’t approach it like that, and lost the game in the way that everyone thought we would. I like the style of football but it’s got to be a means to an end rather than the end in itself, and feels this season we’re getting a bit close to the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    The lead commentator nearly wet himself if Mansfield got the ball in our half, and some of the fouls he called for were laughable. Tge pair were terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    The lead commentator nearly wet himself if Mansfield got the ball in our half, and some of the fouls he called for were laughable. Tge pair were terrible.
    The commentary was embarrassing, they were hysterical every time they won a header, throwing or even ventured into our half. I think one of them even climaxed when the final whistle went.

As for us, our fought yet again in a big game. Could still be playing now no closer to scoring. I keep hoping to wake up from this bad dream and super Lukey Williams is back in the dug out, and everything is just gravy again…….I wonder if he is feeling the same right now?!

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast