+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton Post Match Thoughts

Southampton Post Match Thoughts

What do you do when you are up against a team of million pound players at the top of their form, go for it or limit the damage? On paper a 2-0 defeat doesn't seem too bad but when all indications are that you are already relegated should something else be tried? 3 players signing at the 11th hour on Thursday were probably added too late to make an impact today but as we are now (thanks to our capitulating neighbours in S6) 12 points away from safety will they be able to make a difference?

Thoughts on today's game?

Confusing as to why two of our new players never even got a kick today. Anyway, it was men against boys today. Southampton are different class. We huffed and puffed but it was obvious that we weren't going to get anything from today's game after just ten minutes of the kick off.

They are very good and eased off and we still had no idea what to do, beaten by the best footballing team I have seen this season. I think Kioso and revan did well against their excellent wide players and most threats we had came from them too. No idea why we have recruited a right wing back when Kioso can play like that, seems a waste of a player, but perhaps the intention is to play a different formation. Peltier, Morrison and Odoffin were solid most of the game, christ and clucas did ok, Cafu better 2nd half. Lindsay was poor today and Rathbone was shocking when he came on. Nombe cannot play up front on his own not his game. I will be happy if we get to 30 points and don’t beat our own record, delighted if we finish above Wednesday at the moment it is hard to see us doing that without a vast improvement.

Massive gulf between the two sides. LR seemed to be having strong words with Kioso in the 2nd half, not following orders? We are going down without a fight, and I have seen nothing to suggest that LR is the man to take us forward.

Revan was at fault for their 1st goal. Kioso only player today who stood out for us. Peltier playing on the left of a back 3 was never going to work. Rathbone should be starting before Cafh or Lindsay. Said this before season can't end quick enough.

Surrender monkeys. Months of this crap to suffer. Thanks Tony

Kioso MOTM and errrrrr.....errrrrr.

Oh yeh, how does Cafu start in front of Rathbone? I did say he was average to poor at Boro and today cemented it for me.

Other than Viktor being immense once again, nothing else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Kioso MOTM and errrrrr.....errrrrr.

Oh yeh, how does Cafu start in front of Rathbone? I did say he was average to poor at Boro and today cemented it for me.

Other than Viktor being immense once again, nothing else to say.
    Rathbone was simply dreadful today. He has been honking for months .

Hugill abysmal.

Before anyone says , he gets no service etc, I am taking about the times today when he had the ball at his feet. He either gets tackled, falls over, fails to see a pass or gives it away.

A strikers first instinct should be to get in the box, or protect the ball. His first though is to win a foul.

Not fit to wear the shirt

Pay him up and f**k him off

True about Hughill. And thrown in the entire midfield - each and everyone of them are ****e

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast