+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I'm hoping he HAS to go if we go down. Apart from the stuff mentioned he cant hold on to the ball. Doesn't take players on. He is not a patch on smudge. Anyone who make eaves look decent is not good. Who ever gave him a long contract needs their head examining

Talking of Smudge pigs fans not happy

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...mith/#comments
    We all said he's great for league 1. Different beast the championship

I strangely enjoyed the game. Let’s admit it Southampton were a good side and we can only dream of being as good.
    Our lads put in a real shift and did themselves proud.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I strangely enjoyed the game. Let’s admit it Southampton were a good side and we can only dream of being as good.
    At last a voice of reason. Well said Frog.

If you was there not many would agree quite a few left before half time.

Just to put things in context Southampton loaned Alcaraz to Juventus for 3mill to end of season and then Juve buy him for £42 mill they bought him for 12 mill a year ago so that’s a hell of a profit this is what we are up against it’s someone who didn’t even play today!
    However note to LR at home we need wins so please please play 2 up front let’s go down with a fight not a bloody white flag
    You are from Yorkshire so prove it we don’t want fancy tactics just have a go
    I can understand it away but not at home

For me Southampton are the best team I've seen at ours this season and they absolutely passed us to death all the way up the pitch. Our lack of attacking wide men is what is holding us back from proper attacks and our midfielders must dread getting the ball as we have only one player up front but then nobody seems willing to go forward and help him and we inevitably lose the ball. Kioso was excellent today and my MOM although Viktor pushed him close but on that showing Southampton will go back up this season. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I may be wrong, and if so I apologise, but I can only assume you watched the game on TV because that gives quite a narrow view of the game.
    Actually being at the game it was apparent that our players were chasing shadows, had no definable shape and one or two were effectively "hiding" by not making themselves available on the rare occasions we had the ball.
    Southampton were miles better than us which is hardly surprising but too many of our players weren't up for the challenge in my opinion.

Yes mellow I watched it on tv.

It’s always a draw back not being able to see the runs. The replays help somewhat. The différent angles show a bit more.

Mr Richardson

I wish you all the very best in your new role. But your honeymoon period will soon be over. I think you need to realise that Millers fans will never tolerate any whiff of defeatism which was apparent today. We were at home and needed to win yet you started with one striker - Hugill who's really a rugby forward in disguise. I feel a bit sorry for him because he stood no chance today. We needed two strikers on. Rotherham teams should fight to win. They should not be set up to draw when a win is *****. We should go down fighting. Wake up!

I was there today. Exhilarated by singing Bachelor Boy before the start but that soon disappeared after 3 minutes. Being realistic Saints are a very good team, we huffed and puffed but couldn’t keep the ball when we occasionally got possession. Thought Revan, Kioso, Clucas and obviously Viktor were our better players. Funniest comment from a guy in front of me, Hugill should wear his boots on his a**e. So true, he really is a clown!! Surprised we didn’t see Wyke. Nombe on his own just doesn’t work!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast