+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Mansfield

Initial thoughts? What's SM's credentials to get this top job? How much was he riding on the back of Dean Brennan? Does the video of the training session where his right hand man was dominating concern anyone? Is anyone convinced by his game management (subs)?

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Initial thoughts? What's SM's credentials to get this top job? How much was he riding on the back of Dean Brennan? Does the video of the training session where his right hand man was dominating concern anyone? Is anyone convinced by his game management (subs)?
    I like SM but the credentials of his team as a whole might be questionable until things settle down with a win or two. By this time under IB and LW, we'd seen interviews with Maurice Ross and Ryan Harley, so I think it's time Matt and Craig Saunders did the same.

As for subs, I much prefer SM's on-a needs-basis approach so far, than LW's mass substitutions for the sake of it. They very rarely worked out well anyway.

People seem to think we’ve tightened up in the last couple of games, but Barrow weren’t really interested in winning last week and I thought Mansfield were fairly content to keep us at arm’s length yesterday. Stone still had to make some decent saves to keep us in it.

I’ve been disappointed with the in game management so far, subs haven’t been used and we’ve ran out of ideas in both games. SM needs his first win to settle us all down I think.

SM has inherited a fading one dimensional team. That needs the kick up the pants that, hopefully, these new players will deliver.

If you give Macca decent service, he'll do the business. As for Jatta, I'll wait to see how he gets a brace on his debut before I cry out for him.
    If you look at conversion % McGoldricks is better. Langstaff misses a lot of chances statistically. and McGoldricks all round game is heaps better obviously. Looking forward to seeing the options Jatta provides. If we get a big bid for Langstaff we need to cash in.

Did it worry Man Utd fans when his assistants always took training and drills ?

When you look at the bench we have at the minute there isnt many options if we are losing.

We just have zero attackers to bring on so its hard to judge him at the moment

Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I like SM but the credentials of his team as a whole might be questionable until things settle down with a win or two. By this time under IB and LW, we'd seen interviews with Maurice Ross and Ryan Harley, so I think it's time Matt and Craig Saunders did the same.

As for subs, I much prefer SM's on-a needs-basis approach so far, than LW's mass substitutions for the sake of it. They very rarely worked out well anyway.
    When you are 1-0 down with 20 minutes to go and looking unlikely to score then changing the line-up seems a good option to me (fresh legs, a possible change of shape and players with a point to prove) Even if you then ended up losing 3-0 you don't lose any more points.

He's two games in against third and fourth top teams. We've been struggling since Palmer's injury so why he's suddenly expected to whoop these teams when we've been getting tonked by the likes of Tranmere and Wimbledon, never mind conceding five at lowly Grimsby I don't know.
    Some of our fans just love to get the knives out.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Did it worry Man Utd fans when his assistants always took training and drills ?

When you look at the bench we have at the minute there isnt many options if we are losing.

We just have zero attackers to bring on so its hard to judge him at the moment
    We had 2 RCBs on the bench. Why?
    If Morias is injured or not good enough then put Sanderson in there.
    Jim O'Brien puts everything in.
    Tobi could have replaced Nemane.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast