+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh you fickle fans

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    And your not talking Billy and Billy, although they go at it like there's a troll under the bridge...instead of a troll starting this thread
    Ra's withdrawn, it seems his policy of claiming I've misinterpreted what he said has not had the desired effect so now he keeps quiet. very wise I'd say.

Still come the end of the season If Derby don't get promoted, I'm sure he will be posting how its poor reward for the many thousands of loyal fans who have paid their ST's or match attendance fees and that Warne's future should be under review.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    You just mimed that didn't you? Warne is a down to Earth bloke with his own sense of humour that isn't everybody's cup of tea. He nearly got us into the Playoffs last season. Looks like we'll make the end of season lottery this time and maybe even hit one of the 2 auto promotion places.

The standard of football isn't always entertaining. Since my first game back in 1961, we've tended to play an entertaining game, even in seasons where the results haven't been what we would like. I know he's been restricted, budgetarily, in who he can sign and the sometimes mind numbing football is a direct result of that. Beggars can't be choosers etc. Where I would criticise him is his apparent unwillingness to give some of our better U21s and U18s game time. Players like Fapetu, Robinson, Weston, Wheeldon, Bardsley and others are ready. Not all at once, hell no, but fitting them in and improving them IS part of what he should be doing.

So, not fickle, just understanding of the limitations he's working under and the limitations in his own thinking. I agree with you, he will get us up, sooner or later but he should also be working towards having our decent, young players more ready for the Championship on promotion rather than picking them sparingly for the matchday squad and then leaving them on the bench.
    I'm not altogether sure there were many entertaining games during the reign of Clough Jnr, at I went to most home and away and watching paint dry would have been more entertaining. But I'd agree on the whole the Rams have tended towards a good footballing style of play.

Entertaining, like the billy Davies era you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Ra's withdrawn, it seems his policy of claiming I've misinterpreted what he said has not had the desired effect so now he keeps quiet. very wise I'd say.

Still come the end of the season If Derby don't get promoted, I'm sure he will be posting how its poor reward for the many thousands of loyal fans who have paid their ST's or match attendance fees and that Warne's future should be under review.
    Yawn😴😴

Yawn indeed! For clarification…no Swale…I haven’t ‘withdrawn’, although I rather wish your father had.
    Had I ‘withdrawn’ I wouldn’t have replied to the ‘fickle fans’ post in the first place, would I?
    I’ve just been busy and since your tantrum of about ten days ago, when you chose to simultaneously insult me, MA and AF along with questioning the point of being on the forum at all, I have simply chosen not to communicate with or react to you…and just you.
    Life’s too short…the rest of the forum finds it all totally tedious…and arguing with someone who appears unable to distinguish between healthy debate and personal insult is a waste of my time.
    We disagree about Warne…end of. If I’m wrong and he goes on to be highly successful you’ll be right and I’ll be delighted. In the meantime, please don’t expect a further response to your doubtless scathingly repetitive reply

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yawn indeed! For clarification…no Swale…I haven’t ‘withdrawn’, although I rather wish your father had.
    Had I ‘withdrawn’ I wouldn’t have replied to the ‘fickle fans’ post in the first place, would I?
    I’ve just been busy and since your tantrum of about ten days ago, when you chose to simultaneously insult me, MA and AF along with questioning the point of being on the forum at all, I have simply chosen not to communicate with or react to you…and just you.
    Life’s too short…the rest of the forum finds it all totally tedious…and arguing with someone who appears unable to distinguish between healthy debate and personal insult is a waste of my time.
    We disagree about Warne…end of. If I’m wrong and he goes on to be highly successful you’ll be right and I’ll be delighted. In the meantime, please don’t expect a further response to your doubtless scathingly repetitive reply
    **** me you are truly thick!! By withdrawn I meant from discussion with me, I trust you didn't teach English, because I pity your pupils if you did!

The only time I personally insulted you is when you got so irritating that I just thought **** it, can't be arsed to continue with this tw@t, you contradict yourself, talk rubbish and deny what you have clearly posted and accuse me of misinterpretation when what you actually posted is quite clear. One can only reach the conclusion that what you think and what you actually write in a post are completely different and you don't realise it.

It wasn't a tantrum, it was healthy expression of frustration at dealing with somebody so clueless! Combined with irritation that MA had had a fit over a comment of mine that wasn't actually criticising what he said, just an observation.

Anyway have fun tetchy!!

**** me you are truly thick!! By withdrawn I meant from discussion with me, I trust you didn't teach English, because I pity your pupils if you did!

The only time I personally insulted you is when you got so irritating that I just thought **** it, can't be arsed to continue with this tw@t, you contradict yourself, talk rubbish and deny what you have clearly posted and accuse me of misinterpretation when what you actually posted is quite clear. One can only reach the conclusion that what you think and what you actually write in a post are completely different and you don't realise it.

It wasn't a tantrum, it was healthy expression of frustration at dealing with somebody so clueless! Combined with irritation that MA had had a fit over a comment of mine that wasn't actually criticising what he said, just an observation.

Anyway have fun tetchy!!
    Hmmm…thanks for that further banal example of online toxicity. I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hmmm…thanks for that further banal example of online toxicity. I rest my case.
    Difficult for you as you have no case to rest.

I see earwig 'o' is back!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)