+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Support was excellent last night

Just wish they would back Utd more after defeats, always go into blame mode or angry mode after a defeat, dissect and criticise

I don't think Goodwin or the team did much wrong last night (apart from taking chances) on a crap pitch, better side, the wonder goal changes everything of course but the team don't really deserve slaughtered or the manager after that performance imo

There isn't the supportive, hard lines type response which is more appropriate after a game like that where, that what support should be, we are in a battle we need everyone on side, save criticism for our we don't come out on top by may 3rd, for now be United
    I get what you're saying and mostly agree. I just think it's hard for a lot of people to be so consistently let down in these big games. It's almost routine now - big game, chance to gain serious ground on our nearest rivals, 'six pointer', big United support… … … and the team fluff it yet again. When was the last time we actually came out on top in one of these situations?

We had slightly more possession (52%), we had more shots but both teams had 5 on target. I don't think it was as much of a robbery as it is being made out. Only one team went for the win with 20 minutes left. Raith have made it a habit of getting winning goals at the end of the game and when Murray made a host of changes, it was evident that he was trying the same. We didn't counter it...instead, we just plodded along doing exactly the same! When we went a goal down...JG wanted us to continue to do exactly the same. We consistently keep trying to do exactly the same thing....Raith coped with it all night. We have a plan A...and we have to stick to plan A. The players did everything that was asked of them last night. I thought their workrate was decent. We looked alright on the ball...but everything was over played. We insist on trying to pass the ball all the way into the net! We are predictable...we are toothless in front of goal.....we aren't brave...we have no creativity.......we are totally one-dimensional. IT'S THE MANAGER AND THE COACHES!!!! If we win this league, it will be down to the fact that we are the best of a bad bunch, not because we are well managed or have decent players. Raith, Partick, Morton are not great football teams. 1 pt from 9 against Raith f#cking Rovers. Canny buy a win against f#cking Morton.

Personally I thought it reasonable we tried to secure the draw. Without the wonder strike we would have got our too. As frustrating as it was it was just one of those days. Nothing can be done to mitigate a winning goal like that.

I don't think he was playing for a draw, if he was playing for a draw he'd have put in tilson, we kind of ended up doing neither in the end - going for it or seeing it out, I think part of problem is he never deviates from plan A, or even switches players around e.g puts watt wide during a match, switches wingers round, put Middleton centre, he just persists exact same way, even when it isn't working, as it wasn't second half.subbies just go like for like, cujoe always gets put on wing too.bwe were getting plenty possession going through mid. Other factors of course is our players are just limited. Our subbies didn't really add anything, whereas theirs had players that could seemingly make an impact, or Connolly at least, for all that, bit of randomness about their wonder goal, but a decent side would have finished them long before that.

Lack of creativity last 25 mins or so cost us last night , yet again unable to break down a defence , not a case of playing for a draw

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I don't think he was playing for a draw, if he was playing for a draw he'd have put in tilson, we kind of ended up doing neither in the end - going for it or seeing it out, I think part of problem is he never deviates from plan A, or even switches players around e.g puts watt wide during a match, switches wingers round, put Middleton centre, he just persists exact same way, even when it isn't working, as it wasn't second half.subbies just go like for like, cujoe always gets put on wing too.bwe were getting plenty possession going through mid. Other factors of course is our players are just limited. Our subbies didn't really add anything, whereas theirs had players that could seemingly make an impact, or Connolly at least, for all that, bit of randomness about their wonder goal, but a decent side would have finished them long before that.
    This isn't hindsight but I was wondering at the time why he brought Mochrie on instead of Tilson to shore things up. He might be limited but he gets about in front of the back 4. We only needed a point.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    I get what you're saying and mostly agree. I just think it's hard for a lot of people to be so consistently let down in these big games. It's almost routine now - big game, chance to gain serious ground on our nearest rivals, 'six pointer', big United support… … … and the team fluff it yet again. When was the last time we actually came out on top in one of these situations?

We might just get the last laugh at Tannadice end of march

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We might just get the last laugh at Tannadice end of march
    With Goodwins big-game record?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    With Goodwins big-game record?

Every game is a big game this season in the league, and he was unlucky last night, we were much much better last night than when winning in Inverness, and I'd say better last night than the 1-1 in our last visit, it's not the time to go against the manager

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    This isn't hindsight but I was wondering at the time why he brought Mochrie on instead of Tilson to shore things up. He might be limited but he gets about in front of the back 4. We only needed a point.
    Tilson to shore things up? 🤔 I know what you mean but he's been pretty ineffective, even at that.

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)