+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Raith haven't won at home since early December. We haven't lost away from home in the league all season. This is a must win for them so I expect they will come at us which will suit us as are struggles have been at home when teams sit in. Of course it doesn't guarantee the points but if we turn up we should expect at least a point.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Goodwin will be happy with the draw

Not sure about that going on but if it is a draw, he'll be happier than Murray

Given the goal difference then it's basically an extra point, can look at it that essentially if lose we are still 2 ahead, draw then still 5 and win then it's basically 8

More pressure on Raith this time, still to come to Tannadice at the end of March so this one doesn't decide it either

Got 2 main concerns about this game. As someone else said we haven't often delivered in the big game situations. Need to change that.
    But my main concern is that we haven't quite cracked the creativity in the final 3rd apart from Plan A - Get The Ball in From Wide and Hope for the Best.

Goodwin needs to show them that league winning celebrations video before they go in the tunnel. Get at them and show them the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    I definitely think it's a 6 pointer - win and we go 7 points ahead, lose and we're only 1 point ahead. That's a 6 point difference.

You're right, Raith are on a stinking run, but for all of their poor results in the last few weeks, if they beat us they only trail by a single point! Just shows you how significant it is that we missed out on the 5-7 points against Dunfermline, Morton and even Queens Park.
    For me it’s a 6 pointer as something being a 6 pointer refers to the 6 point swing in the gap between teams close to each other in the league

We beat any other team we increase the gap by 3 pts but if we beat Raith we increase it by 6.

This one is more important than any other league match

This match is absolutely massive

For Raith this would be their get out of jail after the poor run.

We need to get revenge on them for the tannadice match

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Got 2 main concerns about this game. As someone else said we haven't often delivered in the big game situations. Need to change that.
    But my main concern is that we haven't quite cracked the creativity in the final 3rd apart from Plan A - Get The Ball in From Wide and Hope for the Best.

Goodwin needs to show them that league winning celebrations video before they go in the tunnel. Get at them and show them the playoffs.
    My main issue with Goodwin is he just cant get us playing, his team cant play between the lines, cant string 4 "forward" passes together. He cant get the midfield rotating so we can get on the ball and interlink between the attackers and midfielders.

We have the strongest 11 and now probably squad in the League.

IMO we are winning this league in spite of Goodwin not because of him.

This league is very different to the premier....and you need different players to succeed in both. I think JG is doing a decent job considering he has needed a full rebuild. The final 3rd is a problem, and I think that just needs a tweak in coaching staff rather than a change in management, although it is a fine line he is treading as this will always be a results driven career and we have not exactly blown teams away recently! I just want us to get out of this league ASAP, so we can start work on another rebuild.

Considering Goodwin has generally taken over the positions of recruitment and whatever the spacehopper was doing, formed a strong, balanced squad and we're currently totl I can respect the job he is doing.
    There is though a question mark for me on whether he can get this team up for the big games. Last time against Raith we hardly laid a glove on them. Big point to prove next Friday..

My main issue with Goodwin is he just cant get us playing, his team cant play between the lines, cant string 4 "forward" passes together. He cant get the midfield rotating so we can get on the ball and interlink between the attackers and midfielders.

I think you are being overly harsh here. We have the best defence and best attack in the league. 🤔

Looking at the site it seems our end all sold out now, unless I’m missing something

Great show considering it’s an evening game at this time of year, and live on tv 🧡

Im aware that i am replying to you a fair bit, but this time i actually think thats not far from spot on. I didnt recognise the midfield rotating thing until the other week when Doc/Sibs/Spoons filled the midfield. They all took turns sitting back and moving forward, something that can only get better with time and once Doc and Spoons get back to fitness after their injuries.

Not yet convinced we do have the best team/squad(on paper, yes) just now as Raith(long term) and Morton(top of form league?) are doing well for now. On paper, yes, but yet to break away which i hope changes next week!

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)