+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Agree, Goodwin will deserve some praise if we go up. Club has been disgracefully mismanaged, haemorrhaging money and had to go back to basics this season. Don't want to jinx anything but he has for the most part got us at least functional for winning the league. Will take that in terms of what is at stake for the club at the moment.
    However next week it would be heartening to see us not worry about Raith, take the game to them and give a big performance worthy of a side pushing for a title.

Well said 👏

See Stanton is back for them now

This is the match to sort it out and leave nothing to chance

..we are long overdue a performance from this team in a big game. This game would be a very good one to get the performance...although a last minute off the erse goal would have the same effect!

Probably better that this is an away game. We seem to struggle at Tannadice with the big ones.

7 to 8 thousand. Great pre-match displays, choonz pumpin' (ahem) Great reception when the team comes out etc etc. Then..........

First mistake, or even worse, a goal against, deathly silence. you can clearly hear how shi*e our players must be by the rabid GF lower's inspiratianol comments. (nae offence to the good anes) Outsung by twelve guys, a bairn and a drum.

Expectation????? nae idea. We need to give away free Buckfast when being bullied in to buying a ticket for the half-time draw.

Seems to work elsewhere....

I agree Ron.
    Players inhibited at home when we don't go ahead early.
    They're playing with a fear lest they make a mistake.
    Scared to have a pot shot etc.
    We have our fair share of moaning *******s.
    Crowd lift the team? My ar$e.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Well said 👏

See Stanton is back for them now

This is the match to sort it out and leave nothing to chance

Was always gonna be the case he'd get back by the time they played us, we'll end up without Docherty or something again just in time for this one

250 Utd tickets left for the railway stand

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Players inhibited at home when we don't go ahead early.
    They're playing with a fear lest they make a mistake.
    Scared to have a pot shot etc.
    Why though? This is the big question that needs an answer, unfortunately I don't have one hence why I'm not manager

I don't think it is anything whatsoever to do with the home crowd, teams just sit in at tannadice and we don't have the ideas or ability to break them down.

So bad was last year's ****show that we face a long road back to an established top league team.

We are in rehabilitation mode ATM. Getting promoted is step one. Step 2 is staying up in our first season back. Then we have to do that again whilst pushing for top six.

I think we are a long way off seeing scintillating football back at Tannadice.

But we are where we are, and we are currently on course to achieve Step 1. Nothing is settled yet though. Lot of hard work and difficult games to negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I don't think it is anything whatsoever to do with the home crowd, teams just sit in at tannadice and we don't have the ideas or ability to break them down.
    Really? Well obviously, or you wouldn't have mentioned that. I do agree with you with the ideas and ability (maybe stifled)?

I honestly do believe there is a fan issue at Tannadice. Sometimes I'm looking for the tumbleweed to roll across the pitch at times. Intimidating it is very not!

Quite a few players, when asked which ground they most enjoy playing at have named Tannadice. Whether that be the playing surface, the atmosphere, the hospitality etc, I have no idea, but.......... naebodie's faird oh us, that's for sure.

Maybe, no a good idea to add "Hermless" to the pre-match choonz

I see Raith have signed James Brown on loan from St Johnstone. Whether he plays or not on Friday it does underline their ambition.

The next two games for Raith are Ayr away and Morton ( arguably the form team just now) at home, it would be good to give them more self doubt before then.

Building up to be a great night, especially with more away seats being released and sold rapidly.
    Last edited by shed-buoy; 11-02-2024 at 07:04 AM.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)