Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
Thought we played well dominated possession had a host of chances and were undone by an offside goal and a wonder strike. Raith only came into it after the substitutions and even then didn’t create a lot. If Watt had scored with our first chance after some very good inter passing it might have been different. Felt he and Moult missed some big chances but their keeper made some really good saves. Someone said in another post about us just playing long balls at the end but Raith were camped in and it nearly paid off with Holt forcing a good save from the keeper. It’s hard for subs coming on last ten minutes and trying to get up to the speed of the game. IMO you are better not making subs then unless for an injury or somebody tiring badly which shouldn’t really happen.
We are still top and that was our first defeat on the road so all in we are not that bad.
Just thought I would post something positive.
I don't put much notice onto possession statistics, it's what you do with the ball that counts but if you're going to quote statistics to put a better look on a piss poor performance at least get them right. I agree about the offside goal and the wonder strike but the possession was 48% RR 52% us, both teams had five shots each on target. We had more off target but a fat f*ckin' lot of good that is. The only plus point from tonight is that Raith are honking too and that we'll probably fall over the line to the title but if we want to be better sure then get shot of that charlatan Goodwin now and appoint someone, anyone who can read a game and sort out tactics.