+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

When I was little we were The Terrors of Tannadice.
    Now we're The Terrified of Tannadice.

And what's to do with us bricking it cos we're playing Raith f'n Rovers? I'm sick hearing about them. What if we were currently in tier 2 with some of the bigwigs who have found themselves there over the years?
    This season's 10 teams make is amongst the weakest league for ages.
    Not that I'm presupposing we'll go up in a canter - we'll be needing a whole lot more resolve from the players & the fans.

They are coming to Tannadice a few weeks later, definitely some fans overly scarred by a narrow 1-0 defeat and some late wins for them in the same period, no way a team finishes above another with such a GD disparity, where do you see that in any table? So something will need to change drastically in that way too, we do have a fragile mindset in the fan base these days, the week gap has given too much think time and perception almost changes

I get it as it's so important we get up but we are doing things right mostly against teams who are up for every game against Utd, look what they can do in cups when up for it, we face that every game, I do think we will ultimately get rewarded with 1st however it happens, a win might just ease remaining angst and we might get the relatively comfortable road to the title we want

On to the game, this is their toughest game at home, against the team they've used as motivation all season but now they are on the back of a losing record, leaking goals, we are unbeaten on the road, the onus is on them

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    I see Raith have signed James Brown on loan from St Johnstone. Whether he plays or not on Friday it does underline their ambition.
    Whatever happens, huv a guid yin troops

https://youtu.be/1Xzw5zBaePM?si=eHdEgBzx-FwUpCoO

Just 150 Utd end tickets remain at railway stand

I see it’s all kicking off a bit on Pie and Bovril on the Raith section as the rumour is that allegedly their CEO (or whatever moniker he goes under) carelessly left his laptop lying around which listed who was getting kept and who was getting punted from their squad at the end of the season in the event of promotion. The majority were getting punted. Apparently the players have not taken too kindly to this and things have kicked off as a result.

I honestly didn’t realise that Big Fat Tone had got the gig there as well………

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I see it’s all kicking off a bit on Pie and Bovril on the Raith section as the rumour is that allegedly their CEO (or whatever moniker he goes under) carelessly left his laptop lying around which listed who was getting kept and who was getting punted from their squad at the end of the season in the event of promotion. The majority were getting punted. Apparently the players have not taken too kindly to this and things have kicked off as a result.

Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post

Heard that, but that it was Murray who left the laptop open.

If it's true, whoever has done that, wow. Or are fans just looking for a reason their form has turned? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If it's true, whoever has done that, wow. Or are fans just looking for a reason their form has turned? ��
    Either way, I'm not interested. At least not in terms of Friday night's game. I don't want our players knowing or thinking anything about this - just go and treat it like they would any top of the table clash. We need to be looking to win this game but there is a team in front of us, who we haven't beaten this season and we need to be at our best to beat them this time.

I remember the first time the fun went into administration - pretty sure their first game after it was announced was a derby at Dens. Didn't stop them beating us though as we were rubbish.

Declan Gallagher is back training, so hopefully my fears that he might be out longer have been put to bed! We could really do with him being back and being fit for the run in.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)