+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Seeing more balance from Raith fans than some Arabs after last night

It's crazy how a last minute goal changes everyone's perspective of the game.

We struggled for most of the game to get near Utd and it was like they were playing with 13 at times. Always had players spare but thankfully never actually done much with it. I honestly do feel we didn't know really how to manage it. From behind the goal, looking at it, I couldn't even figure out how they were doing it, thankfully Moult and Watt were aiming for the back of the stand for the most part.

Definitely looked better tonight at the back but by God we need to sign a commanding big centre half, we looked like midgets compared to Utd, especially at corners.

We looked far better when Easton, Connolly and Brown came on and I think that was Murrays plan. Stay tight and then let loose with some of the more attacking players, it worked if that's what he was going for.

2 cracking goals and Big D back to his best in goal. Hopefully this win gives the defence some confidence. Brown looked sus at the back at 1st but found his feet and fitted in quite well.

As for Watt and Goodwin 😂😂😂😂😂 enjoy your weekend ya melts 🤗

Big shout to the Utd fans though. Some backing and noise, you guys will be a little shell shocked the day. Here's to what should hopefully be a crackin run in 👍

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We might just get the last laugh at Tannadice end of march
    Its imperative we go into that game with at least a 3 point lead,if they were to go above us again the pressure would be too much for some of our players to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its imperative we go into that game with at least a 3 point lead,if they were to go above us again the pressure would be too much for some of our players to handle.
    It'd be too much for me to handle, for sure. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Yet another failure against one of the teams closest to us in the league. We had a whole season of that last year. In the so called six-pointers, twice against Kilmarnock, twice against Ross County, twice against St Johnstone - lost every time, some of them by embarrassing score lines. Now, different manager, different squad, same outcome - limp, soft rubbish. And our closest rivals prevail at our expense.

If we had shown up and done the business against Rovers this season, we'd have 9 points more than we have now, and they'd have 7 less. That's a 16 point difference - that's the league done and dusted right there. If they get promoted ahead of us then they will deserve it for their superiority in the head to head games.

The commentators were saying how we had controlled and dominated the second half. That's right - we had. But how many saves did their keeper have to make. We have all the possession but do hardly anything with it. One of their midfielders actually has the vision to hit a shot from distance and BOOM - we lose.
    Good post and bang on!!

Support was excellent last night

Just wish they would back Utd more after defeats, always go into blame mode or angry mode after a defeat, dissect and criticise

I don't think Goodwin or the team did much wrong last night (apart from taking chances) on a crap pitch, better side, the wonder goal changes everything of course but the team don't really deserve slaughtered or the manager after that performance imo

There isn't the supportive, hard lines type response which is more appropriate after a game like that where, that what support should be, we are in a battle we need everyone on side, save criticism for our we don't come out on top by may 3rd, for now be United
    Listen, we had 4 years in that crap league, and it’s still fresh in the memory of many fans.
    We’re not taking full advantage of opportunities given to us this season, and are a whisker away from blowing a great chance to go straight back up this year, and ending up in the play-offs, where I 100% know, we’ve not got the bottle for, so fans have every right to voice concern or show anger!

Every game is a big game this season in the league, and he was unlucky last night, we were much much better last night than when winning in Inverness, and I'd say better last night than the 1-1 in our last visit, it's not the time to go against the manager
    Raith x 2, lost them both. Qots in the cup, oot. The League Cup, oot before the group stage is even over. 5 x post split games last season after getting us safe, lost them all. Darvel at the Sheep. Hibs after that. His record of BIG games is awful, not just with us.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Listen, we had 4 years in that crap league, and it’s still fresh in the memory of many fans.
    We’re not taking full advantage of opportunities given to us this season, and are a whisker away from blowing a great chance to go straight back up this year, and ending up in the play-offs, where I 100% know, we’ve not got the bottle for, so fans have every right to voice concern or show anger!
    Name:  ml.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  14.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Wotherspoon was class.

One more on plastic, Airdrie away, second last game of the season.
    I'm sorry but I thought he was crap and I don't see him or Grieve justifying the game time they are getting. Archie Meekison is probably our most creative player, can dribble, see a pass, play the one twos around the box that open teams up and had a good shot on him, I would rather see him play than Wotherspoon. He created more in 22 minutes against Dunfermline than Wotherspoon did in his 68 minutes on the park

Seeing more balance from Raith fans than some Arabs after last night
    Do you actually get what football is all about? And where in the depths of your reality that you think we should be clapping our hands in the face of defeat? Of course they are balanced, they just pulled another rabbit out the hat in the last 5 minutes for another much needed 3 points!

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Good post and bang on!!
    They have 1 point out 9 against Airdrie , sure they will be saying the same

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)