+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Phuckin gutted. RR were poor but we paid the price once again despite being the better team - possession counts for feck all.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    That result sits 100% with Goodwin. Murray made changes and went for the win...we took off our better players and went for a draw.
    Raith have been winning games all season in the last 10 minutes , they made a move to try and win the game....and we did nothing! I genuinely think that we got complacent and thought that a win or a draw was the worst that we could get. Once again, we didn't get the performance that our support deserve or that the occassion needed....a pretty consistent review of our big games this season. If this was a one off, freak result, then I wouldn't be worried....but this is every big game! Goodwin, the captain and the deputy captain need to get a rocket up their arrse!
    I'm normally pretty positive but have to agree with this. At 1-1 things can change quickly and our inability in the final 3rd came right back to bite us.
    It also shows that we don't have enough quality for this league to start games without Docherty and Gallacher.

Tbf Murray had no choice but to change it, they were stinking for 25 mins second half, sure the subbie that scored only came on cause of an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    I'm normally pretty positive but have to agree with this. At 1-1 things can change quickly and our inability in the final 3rd came right back to bite us.
    It also shows that we don't have enough quality for this league to start games without Docherty and Gallacher.
    In the case of Docherty though, how can you rely on a guy that is never fit? If it was a recurring injury you might be able to get to the root of it, but if it is series of injuries, then it starts to become a wider/Peter Pawlett issue. Harsh as it sounds, if Docherty had been on a one year deal, I'd seriously consider consider cutting our losses in the summer if it was to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Tbf Murray had no choice but to change it, they were stinking for 25 mins second half, sure the subbie that scored only came on cause of an injury.
    I dont think Raith were stinking for that 25 minutes, they just sat in and soaked everything up until all their subs were on. By that time, we were suckered in and Raith just upped their game while we waited far too long to make any changes. One of those changes, Greive, is he really a footballer?

However, while times are unstable just now, there is no need to change the manager, and certainly no need to threaten us with fecking Lennon!

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    Thought we played well dominated possession had a host of chances and were undone by an offside goal and a wonder strike. Raith only came into it after the substitutions and even then didn’t create a lot. If Watt had scored with our first chance after some very good inter passing it might have been different. Felt he and Moult missed some big chances but their keeper made some really good saves. Someone said in another post about us just playing long balls at the end but Raith were camped in and it nearly paid off with Holt forcing a good save from the keeper. It’s hard for subs coming on last ten minutes and trying to get up to the speed of the game. IMO you are better not making subs then unless for an injury or somebody tiring badly which shouldn’t really happen.
    We are still top and that was our first defeat on the road so all in we are not that bad.
    Just thought I would post something positive.

One of the best posts after the match, summed it up

RR jammy again, offside goal, wonderstrike, woeful pitch, we still dominated, especially second half, they didn't really do any more after the subs, a couple corners and a free kick that was it, we were not clinical enough and that is what ultimately cost us, definitely not a game we deserved to lose

We just need to use it as motivation to get back on track, then give them an overdue beating at Tannadice, when they won in Dec they were in a better position than they are now, 5 pts ahead albeit with a game more played

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    Thought we played well dominated possession had a host of chances and were undone by an offside goal and a wonder strike. Raith only came into it after the substitutions and even then didn’t create a lot. If Watt had scored with our first chance after some very good inter passing it might have been different. Felt he and Moult missed some big chances but their keeper made some really good saves. Someone said in another post about us just playing long balls at the end but Raith were camped in and it nearly paid off with Holt forcing a good save from the keeper. It’s hard for subs coming on last ten minutes and trying to get up to the speed of the game. IMO you are better not making subs then unless for an injury or somebody tiring badly which shouldn’t really happen.
    We are still top and that was our first defeat on the road so all in we are not that bad.
    Just thought I would post something positive.
    I don't put much notice onto possession statistics, it's what you do with the ball that counts but if you're going to quote statistics to put a better look on a piss poor performance at least get them right. I agree about the offside goal and the wonder strike but the possession was 48% RR 52% us, both teams had five shots each on target. We had more off target but a fat f*ckin' lot of good that is. The only plus point from tonight is that Raith are honking too and that we'll probably fall over the line to the title but if we want to be better sure then get shot of that charlatan Goodwin now and appoint someone, anyone who can read a game and sort out tactics.

I did not think there was that much in it , united few really good chances so did they overall, prob united couple more, still for me launch ball in box hope for the best few them, imp, 20 mins to go JG take the draw RR thought we can sneak this.. still not convinced JG never was ever right man, he be here the end of the season at least no matter what. JG is not very good at the tacticts to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    One of the best posts after the match, summed it up

RR jammy again, offside goal, wonderstrike, woeful pitch, we still dominated, especially second half, they didn't really do any more after the subs, a couple corners and a free kick that was it, we were not clinical enough and that is what ultimately cost us, definitely not a game we deserved to lose

We just need to use it as motivation to get back on track, then give them an overdue beating at Tannadice, when they won in Dec they were in a better position than they are now, 5 pts ahead albeit with a game more played
    Wondered how long it would take for the happy clapper supreme to come on and haver the usual pish. Dominated my arse. I seriously don't understand what you see in that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I dont think Raith were stinking for that 25 minutes, they just sat in and soaked everything up until all their subs were on. By that time, we were suckered in and Raith just upped their game while we waited far too long to make any changes. One of those changes, Greive, is he really a footballer?

However, while times are unstable just now, there is no need to change the manager, and certainly no need to threaten us with fecking Lennon!
    I disagree, thought they were poor, I don't think this any great masterplan like at Tannadice when they sat in with a clear game plan, they were just humping the ball up the park and giving possesion away cheaply tonight, they soaked up our pressure because we weren't doing anything with it. I don't know what the changes should have been tonight, sometimes they are obvious, but it felt about 15-20 mins into 2nd half we had to drive home that dominance, show some urgency, be more direct, lost count of the amount of times we broke puprosefully, Watt mostly, then ran out of ideas, and just passed it out wide to Middleton. Maybe change the players around on the park or put someone in the hole like Cudjoe that can unlock a defence.

Moult was knackered so Grieve was obvious replacement if like for like, as he has some enerrgy (not much skill by the looks of it), Wetherspoon I'm assuming was fitness, but he put on Mochrie as opposed to Tilson which suprised me, so i think the manger was still thinking of winning it. even if he wasn't coming up with anything different. Let's be honest Grieve is another Tilson, I don't mean that as a criticism, but bought for a specific purpose/role in mind that is missing in the squad and provide some cover, but very basic overall level. It's like having a blocked drain, and only having enough money to get poundland drain unblocker.

However, while times are unstable just now, there is no need to change the manager, and certainly no need to threaten us with fecking Lennon![/QUOTE]

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)