+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith Away

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Nothing to do with bottle , beaten by a goal out of nothing is not bottling it
    100% agree. I'm not getting the bottling part of last night. If we had little possession and were under a lot more pressure then maybe I'd understand the bottling bit but that's not the way the game panned out.

No , it’s not , the criticism I have is not taking chances we had and lack of creativity last 20 /25 mins , yet again it seemed we ran out of ideas how to break them down

Very very unlucky last night but over the course of the season its criminal to take 1 point out of 9 from a very average Raith Rovers side. If we fail to go up this season its the wilderness for years i reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    His interview after the match has made me even angrier! We started going route 1 after their second goal which became predictable. We should have been passing it more!

Goodwins assessment was spot on really

We played well, in a entertaining game, I was there and watched it back since, we were by far the better team over the piece, the winner came from nowhere really and wasn't deserved outcome

It will make things interesting atleast and mean more when we win the league

You make your own luck, we had a good 25 minutes second half dominance to put them out of sight and possibly finish them in the title race. But not for the first time the lack of creativity and quality from the attack when it has really mattered has cost us. Their keeper has had two brilliant saves from Middleton and Holt in last kick of match in both games their home games, but he shouldn't really have had a chance. No goals from open play in 3 games against them, and they've been concerning freely against most other teams. Fluffed our lines.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Goodwins assessment was spot on really

We played well, in a entertaining game, I was there and watched it back since, we were by far the better team over the piece, the winner came from nowhere really and wasn't deserved outcome

It will make things interesting atleast and mean more when we win the league
    I agree that after the first 25 minutes United were the better team for the rest of the game , but the team that scores the most goals Deserves to win the game

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    lets talk about that support. i was there last night.The fans were generating lots of atmosphere but as soon as raith scored it all stopped dead. Then the shouting started then we scored and it went back up to supporting again.

We as a support cant handle any sort of aversity in a game, as soon as we concede a goal and misplace a couple of passes fans loose their minds. its quite incredible
    I was also there, our support created most of the atmosphere and stuck with the team the whole game.
    It went quieter when they scored early and the usual slow, laboured buildup in such a big game was pissing people off. Struggle to see how that's abnormal to any other support of a club that's meant to be pushing for a league title. Certainly don't agree that folk were losing their minds.
    United are very fortunate to still have such a strong backing when they have let them down countless times.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I was assuming he was including the goal difference factor.
    As did I. Couldn't resist being a pedantic w*nk though. 😂

Yet another failure against one of the teams closest to us in the league. We had a whole season of that last year. In the so called six-pointers, twice against Kilmarnock, twice against Ross County, twice against St Johnstone - lost every time, some of them by embarrassing score lines. Now, different manager, different squad, same outcome - limp, soft rubbish. And our closest rivals prevail at our expense.

If we had shown up and done the business against Rovers this season, we'd have 9 points more than we have now, and they'd have 7 less. That's a 16 point difference - that's the league done and dusted right there. If they get promoted ahead of us then they will deserve it for their superiority in the head to head games.

The commentators were saying how we had controlled and dominated the second half. That's right - we had. But how many saves did their keeper have to make. We have all the possession but do hardly anything with it. One of their midfielders actually has the vision to hit a shot from distance and BOOM - we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    I was also there, our support created most of the atmosphere and stuck with the team the whole game.
    It went quieter when they scored early and the usual slow, laboured buildup in such a big game was pissing people off. Struggle to see how that's abnormal to any other support of a club that's meant to be pushing for a league title. Certainly don't agree that folk were losing their minds.
    United are very fortunate to still have such a strong backing when they have let them down countless times.

Support was excellent last night

Just wish they would back Utd more after defeats, always go into blame mode or angry mode after a defeat, dissect and criticise

I don't think Goodwin or the team did much wrong last night (apart from taking chances) on a crap pitch, better side, the wonder goal changes everything of course but the team don't really deserve slaughtered or the manager after that performance imo

There isn't the supportive, hard lines type response which is more appropriate after a game like that where, that what support should be, we are in a battle we need everyone on side, save criticism for our we don't come out on top by may 3rd, for now be United

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)