+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King Charles

King Charles

Has a form of Cancer,so sad.. I hope he can be cured unlike a lot of those anti -royals 😒

By saying Anti - Royals ,I don't mean those on here. I know they wouldn't wish him any harm,but many others would.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    By saying Anti - Royals ,I don't mean those on here. I know they wouldn't wish him any harm,but many others would.
    True Alf, no sane person would wish cancer on another decent person.

I'm a devout Republican but also a human being and I would not wish cancer on my worst enemy.

It sounds like the quacks have diagnosed it early and no doubt we will hear about nothing else for months to come.

The William/Harry dynamics will be worth their weight in gold for the global media.

All we can do is wish the old boy well and hope it's not pancreatic cancer.

UTC#

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Someone, somewhere is fearing the worse...

"Brits being Brits there is a plan for everything, and when King Charles III dies then the UK will embark on Operation Menai Bridge.

The plan involves all parts of the UK government, the police, military and intelligence services as well as private organisations related to King Charles III."

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

It sounds like the quacks have diagnosed it early and no doubt we will hear about nothing else for months to come.
    That brought back memories mon ami, when I was growing up and got ill, my dad never sent for the doctor, it was always the quack, and he never had much faith in them either, which is possibly why he called them quacks.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That brought back memories mon ami, when I was growing up and got ill, my dad never sent for the doctor, it was always the quack, and he never had much faith in them either, which is possibly why he called them quacks.
    Same as mon ami. It was always a "quack" for my dad and from my own lifetime experience I see no reason to change the terminology.

As someone with cancer, I wish the King a good recovery as I wish everyone the same.

What struck me was how the situation highlights the inequalities in society. There are many, many people who cannot afford to go privately and, if we are to believe the reports, are dying because they cannot get timely treatment on the NHS. That is not down to the medical staff who work their socks off to help people.

It is not down to one government either. When Labour admirably introduced the NHS, one of its purposes was to eliminate the fear of the cost of seeing a doctor or going to hospital. Its role was treatment, not prevention. Over the years that role has included a focus on prevention.

I read a report recently on access to the NHS. In the 1960’s access to treatments and hospitals was timely and not a problem. Here we are 60 years later and people are dying because of problems of access to care and treatments.

That is not down to one government of whatever persuasion but an indictment of all governments. A sad reflection on all of them.

Me and my wife said exactly the same S_c, Nye Bevan will be turning in his grave.

Sorry to hear about your health issue, I hope it's better than manageable. Stay strong mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    As someone with cancer, I wish the King a good recovery as I wish everyone the same.

What struck me was how the situation highlights the inequalities in society. There are many, many people who cannot afford to go privately and, if we are to believe the reports, are dying because they cannot get timely treatment on the NHS. That is not down to the medical staff who work their socks off to help people.

It is not down to one government either. When Labour admirably introduced the NHS, one of its purposes was to eliminate the fear of the cost of seeing a doctor or going to hospital. Its role was treatment, not prevention. Over the years that role has included a focus on prevention.

I read a report recently on access to the NHS. In the 1960’s access to treatments and hospitals was timely and not a problem. Here we are 60 years later and people are dying because of problems of access to care and treatments.

That is not down to one government of whatever persuasion but an indictment of all governments. A sad reflection on all of them.
    I saw a neurologist last night, I paid for the privilege and had to wait for 4 weeks, to see one on the NHS I would have had to wait for well over a year, possibly it would have been 2026. The number of Cancer charities in existence always amazes me.
    Given the obscene amounts of money governments splurge the world over on spurious vanity projects, armaments, eco lunacy etc. why research into cancer and the care of cancer patients has to depend on charitable organisations is way beyond my comprehension.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)