+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home tickets for Salford

Home tickets for Salford

Hello. Oxford United fan here. Me and some friends are visiting Nottingham next month for a birthday do and our visit coincides with your home game against Salford 23 March and we fancy catching the game.

A couple of questions:

- Is there any likelihood that you'll sell out the home seats for that? Particularly if you're still pushing for the play-offs (or better)? We'd rather be in with the home fans, and that would be easier from a ticketing perspective, but I don't want to take tickets away from legit County supporters if it's likely to sell out. I'm assuming there's no way Salford are selling their allocation, so if needs be we'll try and register with them and get away tickets.

- I assume the tickets will go on sale a month or so in advance?

- And finally, how are you enjoying Jodi Jones? He was treated appallingly when he was at Oxford (by Karl Robinson who's now Salford's manager, coincidentally) and we're pretty gutted/annoyed that he was never given a chance. Really glad to see he's doing well with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnybiscuits View Post
    Hello. Oxford United fan here. Me and some friends are visiting Nottingham next month for a birthday do and our visit coincides with your home game against Salford 23 March and we fancy catching the game.

A couple of questions:

- Is there any likelihood that you'll sell out the home seats for that? Particularly if you're still pushing for the play-offs (or better)? We'd rather be in with the home fans, and that would be easier from a ticketing perspective, but I don't want to take tickets away from legit County supporters if it's likely to sell out. I'm assuming there's no way Salford are selling their allocation, so if needs be we'll try and register with them and get away tickets.

- And finally, how are you enjoying Jodi Jones? He was treated appallingly when he was at Oxford (by Karl Robinson who's now Salford's manager, coincidentally) and we're pretty gutted/annoyed that he was never given a chance. Really glad to see he's doing well with you.
    Welcome. Attendances are getting into five figures this season which means that of the three stands for home supporters there are more people than empty seats. You shouldn’t have a problem getting tickets but if you want to sit in a particular seat or area that is not a season ticket holders seat or area it would be best to purchase early once they are on sale. It’s worth keeping an eye on the Notts County club website.

In terms of Jodi Jones he is absolutely brilliant and has been playing in a left wing role. If it wasn’t for his horrendous injuries he would be playing in the championship today. He’s got the most assists in league two this season I believe and he beats the opposition right backs so many times and delivers some great crosses in, not to mention scores goals himself. Oxfords loss was certainly our gain.

Enjoy your trip to Meadow Lane.

A couple of questions:

Q1. No chance of a sell out, you'll get tickets easily. If you want the best view go for the middle of the Derek Pavis stand, if you want the best atmosphere go for the middle of the Kop.

Q2. Jodi Jones is in the lead for my player of the season vote. He's a joy to watch.

A couple of questions:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Salford game was our annual discount ticket game, with it being played during an international break and with us not doing one yet this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Salford game was our annual discount ticket game, with it being played during an international break and with us not doing one yet this season.
    If it's an international break then JJ may be on Malta duty

Thanks all - really appreciate the help.

Shame that it's an international break - I'd have loved to see Jones stick a couple past Karl Robinson's side!

How's Ruben doing for you lot? I see he's scored a few, but is he playing well?

Jodi nominated for L2 player of the month:

Jodi Jones has been nominated for January's Sky Bet League Two Player of the Month award.

The wing back notched six assists in January, equalling the League Two season record of 17, including four in our 5-5 draw at Grimsby.

Jones is nominated alongside Wrexham's Steven Fletcher, Harrogate's Abraham Odoh and Crawley's Danilo Orsi.

The winner will be decided by a judging panel comprised of Sky Sports’ EFL expert Don Goodman, EFL chief executive Trevor Birch and Sky Bet EFL trader Ivor Davies, with an announcement to follow on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Jodi nominated for L2 player of the month:

Jodi Jones has been nominated for January's Sky Bet League Two Player of the Month award.

The wing back notched six assists in January, equalling the League Two season record of 17, including four in our 5-5 draw at Grimsby.

Jones is nominated alongside Wrexham's Steven Fletcher, Harrogate's Abraham Odoh and Crawley's Danilo Orsi.

The winner will be decided by a judging panel comprised of Sky Sports’ EFL expert Don Goodman, EFL chief executive Trevor Birch and Sky Bet EFL trader Ivor Davies, with an announcement to follow on Friday.

But he doesn't have any end product according to Stags fans.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    How's Ruben doing for you lot? I see he's scored a few, but is he playing well?
    Hi - sorry for the extreme delay in responding.

A bit of context - we're in a sort of similar situation to you... our manager (Liam Manning) upped and left after not very long in charge and our replacement isn't doing great.

Ruben was one of the players Manning brought in and he cited Manning as a key reason he joined us.

He's primarily been deployed in an attacking midfield/number 10 role, and he started pretty well, netting a couple but with an incredible ability to unlock defences with incisive passes.

And then Manning left. We had a caretaker coach in charge for Orient away, and Ruben had one of the best performances I've seen in a yellow shirt in a really long time. Completely bossed the whole game. Gazza-like - legitimately incredible.

And then our new manager (Des Buckingham) came in. He's a bloke with a lot of history with us, so fans were really pleased. Results have not been great though, and neither have performances. Ruben has been all over the shop since Des came in. He's being played in the same position, but suddenly doesn't seem to know his role and his head's gone. We got completely humped by Bolton last night, and Ruben put in one of the worst performances i've seen in a yellow shirt in a really long time. It was a disaster, and he got hooked off after 65 minutes after being partly at fault for two goals we conceded and strolling around with some really, really poor body language.

Honestly pretty p***ed off with him for that - clearly there's some other stuff going on, but there was still no excuse for that performance in my opinion.

Anyway, the long shot is, I've been instructed by some of my mates to bring him back to Meadow Lane when we visit next weekend, if you guys are up for that? Haha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast