+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is he alright ?

Is he alright ?

Our Vinnie, I'm still worried about him after Saturday. I was expecting him to have been enervated by our last minute equaliser, but talking to the media afterwards he seemed strangely flat, almost shell-shocked, to me the light had gone out of his eyes. Hopefully he'll be back to normal for the Liverpool presser, but he did give me the impression on Saturday tea time that this season was finally getting to him.

Playing football is a joy, it offers a chance to express yourself within a philosophy of esprit de corps (see the Foster inspired huddle on Saturday).

The buck stops with the manager and he is now competing against 19 other managers who earn salaries over 4 million a year and they are the elite of European and world footy. He is still calm and committed, he will be alright.

I hope so mon ami, he has had a very succesful career so far, up to this point, now he has to face up to the fact that what he thought would work, and always has worked for him in the past, isn't working any more. That must need some adjusting to, whatever, he looked deflated to me, but it could have been my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Our Vinnie, I'm still worried about him after Saturday. I was expecting him to have been enervated by our last minute equaliser, but talking to the media afterwards he seemed strangely flat, almost shell-shocked, to me the light had gone out of his eyes. Hopefully he'll be back to normal for the Liverpool presser, but he did give me the impression on Saturday tea time that this season was finally getting to him.
    God forbid sinkov that he should join the ranks of the rest of us glassy-eyed Zombies.

I hope so mon ami, he has had a very succesful career so far, up to this point, now he has to face up to the fact that what he thought would work, and always has worked for him in the past, isn't working any more. That must need some adjusting to, whatever, he looked deflated to me, but it could have been my imagination.
    I agree sinkov. He did not exude enthusiasm and seemed flat. I know his approach is to stay focused but after a last minute equaliser I would have expected some reaction.

Tbf Sinkov if my team had served up that dross I’d look/ felt dejected as well.

That’s the thing about Sport when you cross the white line as a manger you’re helpless as to what they do - either way you have to deal with it.
    I think as a player ( for me ) I knew if I’d played and given what I could even if the team lost the shouting by the manger/ staff was blocked out.

As a manger you can’t do that because you’re doing the shouting at the players.

Some of them need a proper kick up the jacksy tbh - maybe he doesn’t shout enough.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    God forbid sinkov that he should join the ranks of the rest of us glassy-eyed Zombies.
    Speak for yourself you glassy-eyed Zombie.

I'm as alert and energetic has any 94 year old on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post

That’s the thing about Sport when you cross the white line as a manger you’re helpless as to what they do - either way you have to deal with it.
    I think as a player ( for me ) I knew if I’d played and given what I could even if the team lost the shouting by the manger/ staff was blocked out.

As a manger you can’t do that because you’re doing the shouting at the players.

Some of them need a proper kick up the jacksy tbh - maybe he doesn’t shout enough.
    I'll bet he was thinking why did we not sign Fofana and not keep Tella?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    All I knew at the time army was that we'd been 2-0 down and pulled it back to 2-2, so Vinni's distinct lack of enthusissm surprised me. Since when I've read numerous fans saying we were pants, so I now understand why he wasn't exactly bouncing. Still worrying though, we've been bobbins before but it never seemed to bother him, this time I think it did.

Maybe for the moment he felt we were past the point of redemption which is probably true. So what does he say and project at training on Monday? It's a hell of a job, having a slight downer now and then is to be expected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)