+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: When did we last improve a striker?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    That's a belter of a question! Hard to think of a single one from this century, maybe John Daly?

Billy Dodds played the best football of his career at Tannadice, so did Iain Ferguson.... how sad is it to go so far back....
    Dodds played his best at Aberdeen , agree re Ferguson though , but he enjoyed his football best at Dens

Quote Originally Posted by Dode craigie View Post
    Dodds played his best at Aberdeen , agree re Ferguson though , but he enjoyed his football best at Dens
    You stupid boy

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    You stupid boy
    Don't tell him your name Pike 😀

Quote Originally Posted by stoke_arab View Post
    don't tell him your name pike ��
    o o

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Don't tell him your name Pike ��
    They don't like it up them - apparently

Dodds played well at Aberdeen, but dropped out of the Scotland squad, and was transferred to United as a make weight for Robbie Winters, rumours that Dons pretty much paid his wages for the first year. At tannadice he scored 26 goals in 45 games, re-establishing himself in the Scotland squad, and score 4 times in qualifiers for the Euros. He enjoyed some success at Rangers, but never looked as comfortable than his days in Tangerine. I know it still pains fans of the wee team, (I remember the bitter outrage) but he loved Tannadice, opining at the time 'I always knew I'd end up here'

Ferguson was fantastic at United, no idea if he loved playing for the wee team, maybe, but pretty sure he preferred playing for a club ranked by UEFA as top 10 clubs on the continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    Dodds played well at Aberdeen, but dropped out of the Scotland squad, and was transferred to United as a make weight for Robbie Winters, rumours that Dons pretty much paid his wages for the first year. At tannadice he scored 26 goals in 45 games, re-establishing himself in the Scotland squad, and score 4 times in qualifiers for the Euros. He enjoyed some success at Rangers, but never looked as comfortable than his days in Tangerine. I know it still pains fans of the wee team, (I remember the bitter outrage) but he loved Tannadice, opining at the time 'I always knew I'd end up here'

Ferguson was fantastic at United, no idea if he loved playing for the wee team, maybe, but pretty sure he preferred playing for a club ranked by UEFA as top 10 clubs on the continent.
    Souness made fergie clean the toilets and train with kids because he wanted to go back to dens and refused at first to go United , when he eventually got back to dens he scored the winning penalty in a penalty shot out at tannadice in the league cup , and ran towards the shed kissing the Dundee badge , think he didn’t like playing under wee Jim , and always turns up at Dundee events

I do remember the penalty incident, I think he was 42! I also remember him in a documentary about the UEFA cup final season where he said definitively wee Jum was 'the best manager I have ever played under'.

But then, the prolonged agony of watching McLean equal then far surpass the achievements of the wee team, was quite something to behold....and it keeps giving to this day! They can't undo those glorious years, still Tommy Coyne or something! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

speaking of strikers, i dont think Grieve is good enough

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    speaking of strikers, i dont think Grieve is good enough
    Let’s improve him :-)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)