+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: When did we last improve a striker?

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    I'm as guilty as most when looking back and allowing nostalgia to cloud my memories BUT I still think the reserve sides worked. It's not as if the way we are working now is a roaring success.
    Tbh I've no idea if there's even a Reserve League nowadays. Probably not allowed to use the word reserve just in case an Under 21 gets offended that he's a reserve. But life was definitely simpler, not sure it was better. Pitch must have stood up to 2 games a week when the reserves were at home, don't really remember the playing surface being terrible for the first team games. And the football wasn't worse that's for sure.

Another wee rant here. Without going all Joey Barton (a man I despise by the way) when I open the BBC Scottish Football web page I see that Hearts beat Hibs in an exciting derby. I think how could I have missed them playing tonight, then I read the small print and find it was the Ladies battling it out.
    One of life's small annoying things.
    It's the same down south. Arsenal thrash Spurs 7-1, ah ok that was the Ladies. Why did you not say so in the headline then.

I feel better now 😎

How big are the Stoke Arabs?
    Unless you two are one & you write to yourself?

Anyway I hear what you say.

Re no reserves. Over the last how many years I've seen only half of our players actually play.
    A few decades a go I could reel off half of our Reserve team like I could reel off our 1st team.
    I bumped into a guy recently who might have played a hundred reserve games at Tannadice in the 80s.
    I was proud to tell him that I saw half of them.

And see boys v girls.
    See when the pundits are at it after a girls game. How come there's never a token male?

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    I'm as guilty as most when looking back and allowing nostalgia to cloud my memories BUT I still think the reserve sides worked. It's not as if the way we are working now is a roaring success.
    Yeah maybe but it can't happen at Tannadice. There is a good argument for having these games at Foundation Park at a time when folk with jobs can go along...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Tbh I've no idea if there's even a Reserve League nowadays. Probably not allowed to use the word reserve just in case an Under 21 gets offended that he's a reserve. But life was definitely simpler, not sure it was better. Pitch must have stood up to 2 games a week when the reserves were at home, don't really remember the playing surface being terrible for the first team games. And the football wasn't worse that's for sure.

Another wee rant here. Without going all Joey Barton (a man I despise by the way) when I open the BBC Scottish Football web page I see that Hearts beat Hibs in an exciting derby. I think how could I have missed them playing tonight, then I read the small print and find it was the Ladies battling it out.
    One of life's small annoying things.
    It's the same down south. Arsenal thrash Spurs 7-1, ah ok that was the Ladies. Why did you not say so in the headline then.

I feel better now ��
    The pitch at Tannadice was absolutely terrible back then. Come February there was not a lot of grass on it in the middle.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)