+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lai whats the odds on him

Lai whats the odds on him

Paying his £2m loan back on Friday, or will he lose some of his shares

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Paying his £2m loan back on Friday, or will he lose some of his shares
    I don't think he has any intention of paying back any loans.

The sooner he is out of the club the better.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I don't think he has any intention of paying back any loans.

The sooner he is out of the club the better.
    Zero chance, must have been desperate to sign up to the loan anyway 5% a month, that’s 60% APR! Worse tho the loan is owned by a Villa supporter!

No news on deadline day for the loan to be repaid .

So I guess that’s that then, we are owned by a Villa fan, at least in part.. What a shambles

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    So I guess that’s that then, we are owned by a Villa fan, at least in part.. What a shambles

Shocking news if true! I wonder whether he will sit where those Dingles were 😂

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Shocking news if true! I wonder whether he will sit where those Dingles were 😂
    Mr Patel is incoming. Lais days are now numbered. It’s a take away.

I'm sure that Lai's failure to repay the Warmfront loan was no surprise to anyone but whilst it's not good news that Alex Hearn can now buy into the club, everything I've read still strongly points to Shilen Patel being in pole position to take us over. Think I read that he also has links to MSD Holdings which would also indicate this to be the case. Given the club's incredibly convoluted finances (remember the labyrinth like flow chart for Chinese interests alone that someone kindly posted on here a while back) it's small wonder that negotiations to buy the club are taking so long.

Patel may not have the level of finances available to him that we would ideally need to properly compete for a Premiership place but, from what very little I've read, he seems at least a decent man -although how much personal time he will put into the club if successful in his bid remains to be seen. Certainly, he cannot be anything but a vast improvement on Lai though and, more importantly, may yet be the man to save the club from the shocking possibility of administration.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)