+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is rufc really a club that no one would buy

If a very wealthy owner did take over sometime in the future how would this help though?
    They can only spend so much before FFP rules kick in. Would they be allowed to spend enough to make us competitive

The interest in Rufc seems have plateaued at about 8.5k which leaves a couple of thousand unsold seats so isn’t it the local public that’s holding us back. Tony,s tried and not been successful with this.

Let us face it our club will be sold with the stadium. It was already in a previous deal so unless a buyer doesn't want it he'd be a fool! Compared to every other club in this league that is challenging we are the only other club that could go and spend £35m and still be well within the fair play rules!

Tony Stewart will get every penny that he's spent back plus all of the money he's supposed to have spent. Don't forget that the stadium is self funding as long as the attendences are more than 6000. That means that the £20m that was spent on the mortgage wasn't paid for by him! He was solely the gaurantor.
    There were grants that were given to the club! The land was free! There was work that was promised that wasn't carried out and the good people of Rotherham funded it!

He's been great for the club and we were lucky that he agreed to take it on but the club and TS will both win in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    If a very wealthy owner did take over sometime in the future how would this help though?
    They can only spend so much before FFP rules kick in. Would they be allowed to spend enough to make us competitive

The interest in Rufc seems have plateaued at about 8.5k which leaves a couple of thousand unsold seats so isn’t it the local public that’s holding us back. Tony,s tried and not been successful with this.
    £35m in one finacial year can be accepted within the rules I believe

Re season ticket prices. Would you pay the same to watch Maltby as Rotherham? Is caviar more luxurious than chips? Is your car worth as much as when you bought it? Prices everywhere relate to quality or the erosion of a product's quality. But football fans are often happy to be taken for mugs. The only thing that should be taken into account is inflationary pressure. I don't want to hear any bleating about overheads staying the same. That's how the scandal of parachute payments came about. I'll be looking closely at next year's prices

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    £35m in one finacial year can be accepted within the rules I believe
    So are the FFP,s now a fixed amount regardless of say turnover or income?
    Think it used to be the latter but may have changed now

To be honest I'm surprised anyone can understand the FFP rules.
    Even the authorities that implemented them seem to have trouble.

I think this on topic. I liver 9 miles east of Hull and this was in the local rags. My neighbour is a staunch Hull City fan. Attends home and away matches every week over the last 60 odd years. When the Turkish chap took over and settled in, he said this will all end in tears.Think we have been there with Peter Chzeck name and Earth finances.

Hull City vice-chairman Tan Kesler has admitted his frustration at the lack of progress being made with Hull City Council over the club's ongoing ambition to develop the area around the MKM Stadium site.

City's ambitious owner Acun Ilicali wants to create a new academy training centre on the site of the current stadium which opened in 2002, whilst also improving the current stadium and potentially increasing capacity at the 25,600-seater venue, as Hull Live exclusively revealed 12 months ago.

Despite their promotions to the Premier League earlier this century, the Tigers' training complex at Cottingham lacked investment under previous ownerships, while the club's academy continues to operate out of Bishop Burton College, and Ilicali wants to create a state-of-the-art environment for the club, one capable of carrying it into the future.

READ MORE: Hull City boss Liam Rosenior makes FFP point after Tigers' mega January transfer spree

Those hopes are yet to be realised with the club becoming increasingly frustrated with the situation, and speaking publicly about where things stand, Kesler explained his frustration during the 1904 Club podcast at a sold-out New Walton Club.

"I have some fans who are here (in the audience) who I've openly spoken to about the stadium development in my office, invited them, and asked for their expertise and knowledge, their support and many businessmen in this city. I said just come on, let's just develop this area and not only for football but for everyone, for the community," City's vice-chairman said.

"Look, everybody's trying, but how much you're trying is my problem. We are competing, we're trying to do everything to compete with the top teams on the football side, coming back to the development side, we're looking to develop a stadium and the development project is more or less anywhere from £24 million to £32 million (in cost).

"You are basically looking at a new stadium, and chairman and I, we don't want to use our resources here while we're just losing our competitiveness. We had a brilliant project and then we proposed it to the city council and everybody else (things have not progressed). I believe we had (council) elections and a lot of changes and losses and all that stuff, but I'm quite lost at the moment. To answer that question, I'm a little bit discouraged.

"Why? Because the fair (Hull Fair) is an issue. Being able to give us an additional piece of land is an issue also, giving us the long term lease of the stadium is an issue. So all these are an issue and it's not being resolved by the city (council) and (the council) expected us to bring in that kind of investment on the table and just build it and also expected to be part of it.

"So, to be honest with you, it's on the city (council) side (to move it forward). I'm not going, from that moment, if I don't see any proactive approach by the city council, we're not going to do anything because we're fine.

"The stadium leases for another 30 years, we're not going anywhere in 30 years. If we're here, we'll build another stadium, maybe. I don't know when, but a couple of times promotion can give us an opportunity to do something on a bigger magnitude, but at the moment I'm discouraged, I have to share this with you.

"It's not about the tiredness of the transfer window. It's about the movement of the city council. A positive approach is always there, but (not) proactive, not being able to (have a) proactive approach hurts me a little bit. From our end, it's going to delay, we're going to just maybe forget about it for a couple more years until we promote."

Owing to the limited space at Millhouse Woods Lane, City have tried to make improvements within the limited footprint of the existing site, while also approaching Yorkshire Water about potentially acquiring some of their land from the water treatment works, talks which have so far not yielded success.

"We've just built a new dressing room, it's state of art, in my opinion given the narrow space," Kesler continued. "We've asked for additional space from the water company who is our neighbour, but it just didn't work out that way. I mean, we're willing to do things to improve the facilities and sports in the city.

"I can guarantee that we're willing, we're trying, but we want to see some positive approach from the stakeholders as well. I'm sharing with you guys because you are the supporters of the club and you are influential in every other way. So we need your help as well. Maybe when the time comes,

"The new locker room has been set, it cost us a lot of money, but at the same time, it's proof that we're trying to show these top-level players that what you're coming into here, you're not just coming into a regular Championship club, you're coming into a state of art the facility. It's just started now and I think we will continue to build. There are many things to do but one of the successes I can say is the dressing room."

To enlighten my post I think this points out the foreign owners and to what the can bank in their own accounts, never mind their portfolios.

Looks like you're right.

Financial fair play rules in the Championship could undergo a 'radical overhaul'.

At present, clubs in the second tier have a £39million threshold for losses over a three-year period. Exceeding this limit comes with punishments, including possible points deductions. Now, a report by the Telegraph claims that this method will be replaced by cost controls similar to Uefa's new plan to keep expenditure within 70 per cent of revenue.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...rules-26673518

As a lifetime fan of the club, you'd give me a little leeway if I bought the club. I'd hopefully have Ronnie and Becks as the figureheads. But sooner or later, I wouldn't be, in your opinions, pushing the club forward quickly enough, and you'd all gradually turn on me, wanting a more ambitious owner
    For that reason, I'm out

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast