+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Blue' card and a sin bin to be trialed in football

'Blue' card and a sin bin to be trialed in football

Is it a good or bad idea? 10 minutes in the sin bin with the idea of the 'Blue' card that would be for dissent and tactical fouls only.

It has already been trialed way down in the depths of non league football at junior level and, the FA are saying they may be interested to see it brought in higher up the leagues to monitor the response.

With this now showing favour amongst some top officials, it will be used next season in the women's FA Cup as a trial.

Wake up Brin, I posted about this 3 months ago (as ELK would say )

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/foo...145319093.html

Leave it in the women's game they could do some knitting at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Leave it in the women's game they could do some knitting at the same time!
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If it's not broken, then break it culture.
    Another tool to help the big boy teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedthegoater View Post
    If it's not broken, then break it culture.
    Another tool to help the big boy teams.
    Yep, more needless tinkering

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Wake up Brin, I posted about this 3 months ago (as ELK would say )

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/foo...145319093.html
    Three months ago, I don't know what I did yesterday! Anyway, couldn't have made much of a fuss as I really don't personally recall reading it. Can you check back for me and see if I replied to it, if only for my own sanity, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Three months ago, I don't know what I did yesterday! Anyway, couldn't have made much of a fuss as I really don't personally recall reading it. Can you check back for me and see if I replied to it, if only for my own sanity, cheers.
    It was buried in one of the threads about VAR and no you didn't reply. Only Grist did and he mentioned tinkering just like above so at least he's a consistent curmudgeon

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38312737

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It was buried in one of the threads about VAR and no you didn't reply. Only Grist did and he mentioned tinkering just like above so at least he's a consistent curmudgeon

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38312737
    Didn't think I had ever seen it hence why I posted it tonight, seeing how it's prominent news on another footy site.

From a personal viewpoint, I think it works well in rugby and the official gets more respect. In football recently, they brought in the rule where only one player and their Captain can question a decision made by a Ref but, we still see groups of players from the same team, hound officials when they know they shouldn't. Ref's don't deal with the situation and there's mayhem.

Well get the 'blue' card out and see how many of them swiftly move away for fear of been sin binned. Bring it in I say and let's clean the game up even more and see more continual flowing football. Any player willing to show dissent to a Ref will be missing from the game for 10 minutes and that could have a very detrimental effect as to the outcome to a game.

Also, tactical/cynical fouling, taking one for the team as it's called, should also see a decline if a player is removed from play for 10 minutes. Any fool who persists in doing so in games may find himself dropped from his team, another way of getting the message across as to 'Thou shall not commit unnecessary fouling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Didn't think I had ever seen it hence why I posted it tonight, seeing how it's prominent news on another footy site.

From a personal viewpoint, I think it works well in rugby and the official gets more respect. In football recently, they brought in the rule where only one player and their Captain can question a decision made by a Ref but, we still see groups of players from the same team, hound officials when they know they shouldn't. Ref's don't deal with the situation and there's mayhem.

Well get the 'blue' card out and see how many of them swiftly move away for fear of been sin binned. Bring it in I say and let's clean the game up even more and see more continual flowing football. Any player willing to show dissent to a Ref will be missing from the game for 10 minutes and that could have a very detrimental effect as to the outcome to a game.

Also, tactical/cynical fouling, taking one for the team as it's called, should also see a decline if a player is removed from play for 10 minutes. Any fool who persists in doing so in games may find himself dropped from his team, another way of getting the message across as to 'Thou shall not commit unnecessary fouling.
    “ works well in rugby and the official gets more respect”

But that’s always been the case in rugby.

Not only are rugby players respectful to the officials, they don’t feign injury, dive to get an advantage nor try to get fellow professionals sent off.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast