Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
"Could do with another few groundsmen. The place is a disgrace."

That was so helpful Aloreburn! If you can't see that that would only add to the problem, - then best not to contribute!
Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
"Could do with another few groundsmen. The place is a disgrace."

That was so helpful Aloreburn! If you can't see that that would only add to the problem, - then best not to contribute!
Jardi i agree with some of your comments but some I strongly disagree with. I’ll start with the disagree. For starters telling a supporter it’s best not to contribute with his opinions is not to clever at a time when this board is short of people giving there thoughts. It’s almost bordering on arrogance.
Secondly the state of the place should not come down to supporters to improve. It’s like expecting a guest to come in and clean your house before asking them round for a cuppa.
I commend Iain for the work he has done last week and I’m all for supporters helping out with the ground, but the club employs a groundsman who has no pitch to look after so what does he do. I get the fact he washes strips and does other jobs but the clue is in the job title!!!
In my humble opinion there is a serious issue with the state of the ground, not all of which can be sorted by a groundsman. We have a wooden stand that has a substantial amount of asbestos in it. God forbid a safety certificate doesn’t get issues on that basis alone. We could go on and on but keeping the ground clean and tidy would cost the club next to nothing.
I do agree that the entertainment on show is keeping a lot of supporters away. We all, or almost all, attend most if not all the games. We have all witnessed how poor we are and how much we have fallen in the last few seasons. But the club has not helped with this. There has been little encouragement by the club to get fans through the gate. Why don’t they get some entertainment for half time or before the game. Why don’t they get the first team out and about in the schools and working in the community. Why do they chase the likes of Ian black out who ran the museum superbly that got a lot of interest, and he done that on a voluntary basis. Failing to work with the fan liaison lads, meaning that fell off the radar
I wonder if Iain has even had a thanks from the club for the work he has done.
I am a qos fan, always have and always will be but I am under no illusion that the club has very little interest in any of the supporters. They can’t even give a hot water tap to wash your hands.
To sum up we are a professional full time football club in name only as the way things are being run there was better facilities at holm park for amateur players.