+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue cards?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    There is talk about introducing blue cards. Sin bin for 10 minutes for cynical fouls and dissent. Not sure if for other offences too.

Good idea?

I think it is in principle but not sure it would be workable.
    I just wish the authorities would stop messing with our beloved game.
    VAR has turned out a disaster and ruined the game and so will this.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Exactly where I'm at. Just leave the game alone. As long as there are humans making decisions there will always be controversy and talking points. It's what the game is.

Correct as Klopp said today im 56 and they've never come up with a good idea !

Gary O'Neill at Wolves also made comments about it today.

Adding another card/rule is going to be a complete mess as you say.

I may just go and watch Basketball

Blue cards could/would be a way for refs to duck out of a proper decision

Too true about ducking out of decisions.
    If the officials did their jobs properly we wouldn't need anymore cards.
    A ridiculous idea .
    I once booked a player for the first " tackle " in a game timed at 6 seconds. The defender made no attempt to play the ball and kicked his opponent in the air.
    I told the offender in no uncertain terms that he was guilty of " serious foul play, " but as we were only 6 seconds into the game and his opponent wasn't injured , I was giving him and his team a chance !
    The game was played in good spirits and no further cautions/bookings were necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    Too true about ducking out of decisions.
    If the officials did their jobs properly we wouldn't need anymore cards.
    A ridiculous idea .
    I once booked a player for the first " tackle " in a game timed at 6 seconds. The defender made no attempt to play the ball and kicked his opponent in the air.
    I told the offender in no uncertain terms that he was guilty of " serious foul play, " but as we were only 6 seconds into the game and his opponent wasn't injured , I was giving him and his team a chance !
    The game was played in good spirits and no further cautions/bookings were necessary.
    Where does it say in the laws of the game that the time of the offence affects the punishment? You say that the officials should do their jobs properly, one of which is correctly applying the laws.

Sh*t idea, like VAR...

My worry is that players will get a blue card as they do yellows when the player they hardly touched hits the deck and rolls 500 yards in what looks like he's had both legs broken. What happens to these cheats, nothing much most the time!! See this way too often these days.

You're right Magpie Mania , no where in the Laws is time mentioned as a factor when applying the Laws **
    The Laws also state that a match can only exceed the allotted time allowed to take a penalty kick .**
    Not for free kicks , corners or because a team may be in possession or contesting the ball in the opposition half during the final seconds.
    There also used to be an unwritten law referred to as "Law 18 " by officials " the law of (using ) common sense.
    Good referees used to use the Law 18 . The example quoted by myself being such an example , because although technically serious foul play no one was actually injured.
    Football in my generation didn't have games ruined by first minute sendings off like today.
    When did you last see officials applying the Laws regarding obstruction , the 6 seconds rule , throw -ins and time-wasting?
    All still relevant in the Laws but not applied by today's superior clones.
    Mr.Oldham being a prime example v Gillingham last night .
    Warned their GK six times about time wasting but no card !!

Oops ,sorry forgot to mention encroachment at penalty kicks no longer being enforced !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast