+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Year or Fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    My re appearance RA, as yu call it, coincides with my return after 6 months in Thailand.
    You should go. A lovely country of 99% Buddhists living in total harmony and tolerance.
    Farangs are very welcome and respected, as long as you respect them.
    When I go there, I make sure I blend in and do nothing to try change that. They have laws in place to stop Farangs, from exploiting and gaining an advantage over the native population.
    Whilst there, I can not explain to you the calm and steady pace of life you experiance.
    Then I come back here and .................................... well , the chaos has gone up many notches.

You call it the demonisation of Muslims. Yet Muslims are the ones causing all the current eruptions. Not Christians/Hindus/Sikhs/Buddhists/ Johvo's/ Hari Krishnas etc.
    As an ex teacher, you should be horrified as to how Islam is demanding schools change to accomodate them, rather than the majority
    Death threats/ assaults/insults/ harrassment and I'm picking on them?

BTW, Islamophobia is a term invented by Iran , in order to shush folks criticising their babaric ways in the name Islam
    Now its the buzz word to shut you down verytime anyone tries to criticise anything they do. So much so, that it works and scares the councils and police to death

In essence , every athiest, is Islamophobic
    I do wish people would stop bringing up this ‘ex teacher’ nonsense and I have no first hand knowledge at all of schools having to accommodate Muslims any more than any other religion, indeed the only ‘religious’ demand I recall is Jehovah’s Witnesses insisting that their children didn’t take part in any assemblies or Christmas activities.

Not sure why you’re concerned about the term ‘Islamophobic’ or where it originated. Everyone knows what it means…a form of prejudice specifically aimed against Muslims. I’m certainly not frightened of it any more than I am of being accused of being anti Semitic as a result of questioning Jewish/Zionist attitudes towards Palestinians

My re appearance RA, as yu call it, coincides with my return after 6 months in Thailand.
    You should go. A lovely country of 99% Buddhists living in total harmony and tolerance.
    Farangs are very welcome and respected, as long as you respect them.
    When I go there, I make sure I blend in and do nothing to try change that. They have laws in place to stop Farangs, from exploiting and gaining an advantage over the native population.
    Whilst there, I can not explain to you the calm and steady pace of life you experiance.
    I’m glad you had a good time Tricky and enjoyed the ‘total harmony and tolerance’ of this ‘lovely country’.
    It’s a little ironic however, you praising the Thai laws that prevent foreigners ‘exploiting and gaining an advantage over the native population’…it is, after all, a country that generates a great deal of wealth via se x tourism which is hardly renowned for not exploiting the native population.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I agree…but Sith is right, ‘laws’ yes, but what does British ‘way of life’ actually mean? Like it or not we have become a much more diverse/multicultural society and our ‘way of life’ has changed…in some ways for the better, in others perhaps for the worse.
    I think TTR is pushing more about the ‘will change’ than the ‘has changed’ rA, and despite coming from a multicultural household I do see that diversity/multiculturalism has become a bit of a means to itself - a long long way from everyone asked for either

Interestingly/coincidentally, this general area of contention appears to be enough of a ‘thing’ to gain a slot (well managed by Johnny Dimond) on the world at 1.

I’m glad you had a good time Tricky and enjoyed the ‘total harmony and tolerance’ of this ‘lovely country’.
    It’s a little ironic however, you praising the Thai laws that prevent foreigners ‘exploiting and gaining an advantage over the native population’…it is, after all, a country that generates a great deal of wealth via se x tourism which is hardly renowned for not exploiting the native population.
    Jeez, when you hold up a country that goes from one crisis to another, generally interrupted by Military Coups, followed by technically democratic governments, but always a front for the military as a shining example of how a country should be, then any credibility one might have had is completely shot!!

Thailand’s Pheu Thai, the populist party linked to the deposed former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, is back in power for the first time since being ejected from office in a military coup in 2014 — ironically, in coalition with the proxy parties of the military junta that installed the last prime minister, Prayut Chan-ocha.

Thailand’s democratic processes have been subverted by not only a deeply illiberal constitution but also by a set of opaque machinations’ that unfolded in the wake of the May general election, at which Pheu Thai was unexpectedly pushed into 2nd place by a surge of votes for the reformist party Move Forward.

Still I guess one doesn't worry about the impact of on the general populace of poverty, false imprisonment, corruption, a crack down on individual rights, poor health care, low pay, drug and *** trafficking, etc. as long is it doesn't impinge on ones ability to lay around on a beach drinking and eating cheaply, without a thought as to who is being exploited to make ones stay pleasant!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I think TTR is pushing more about the ‘will change’ than the ‘has changed’ rA, and despite coming from a multicultural household I do see that diversity/multiculturalism has become a bit of a means to itself - a long long way from everyone asked for either
    WTF are you on about? Diversity is one issue, it has links to multi culturalism but that's one strand of many. So its neither and/or as your implying, which suggests you don't fully understand what diversity means.

What do you mean a long way from (what) everyone asked for? The reality is hardly anyone asks for change, people would rather stick with what they know, which in a way is wise, but also means that they aren't used to people or culture that is different and hence tend to be suspicious of this. But on the other hand means that if we took too much notice of these people, the human race wouldn't have progressed very far over the centuries. Free thinkers, inventors and prophets have generally been scorned and attacked by the ignorant.

Given that for the vast majority of people multi culturalism hardly if at all impinges on their day to day lives, other than in the rabid **** stirring outpourings falsehoods pushed out by both mainstream and social media, what are you getting at?

I've lived in all sorts of situations, both urban with a high ethnic population, rural with mostly natives and currently quite rural with a high level of EU migration, in absolutely none of those situations has multi culturalism had a negative impact on my life or indeed anybody I know. The vast majority of problems and certainly any threats to my well being have been from the white natives.

But then I don't label one race, faith or creed of people as being more dangerous or problematic I understand that all humans of whatever race, faith or creed are capable of kindness, generosity, compassion, cruelty, violence, selfishness and that those commentators seeking to whip up division and suspicion amongst people and those likely to feed on such sentiment do so for their own devious ends, whether its making money as per the Clarkson's, Liddle's, Morgan, Hartley-Brewers et al or the politicians such as Farage, Trump, or Orban who use it to gain power and keep feeding it for support.
    Last edited by swaledale; 23-02-2024 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Jeez, when you hold up a country that goes from one crisis to another, generally interrupted by Military Coups, followed by technically democratic governments, but always a front for the military as a shining example of how a country should be, then any credibility one might have had is completely shot!!

Thailand’s Pheu Thai, the populist party linked to the deposed former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, is back in power for the first time since being ejected from office in a military coup in 2014 — ironically, in coalition with the proxy parties of the military junta that installed the last prime minister, Prayut Chan-ocha.

Thailand’s democratic processes have been subverted by not only a deeply illiberal constitution but also by a set of opaque machinations’ that unfolded in the wake of the May general election, at which Pheu Thai was unexpectedly pushed into 2nd place by a surge of votes for the reformist party Move Forward.

Still I guess one doesn't worry about the impact of on the general populace of poverty, false imprisonment, corruption, a crack down on individual rights, poor health care, low pay, drug and *** trafficking, etc. as long is it doesn't impinge on ones ability to lay around on a beach drinking and eating cheaply, without a thought as to who is being exploited to make ones stay pleasant!!
    Why quote me? I’m just pointing out that a country that owes much of it’s wealth and ‘attraction’ to the s@x trade and consequent exploitation of young women isn’t necessarily somewhere to be held up as an example of having laws that protect ‘natives’ from foreigners. You seem to have more knowledge of the situation in Thailand than most, but I’m agreeing with you, so stop shouting.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-02-2024 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    WTF are you on about? Diversity is one issue, it has links to multi culturalism but that's one strand of many. So its neither and/or as your implying, which suggests you don't fully understand what diversity means.

What do you mean a long way from (what) everyone asked for? The reality is hardly anyone asks for change, people would rather stick with what they know, which in a way is wise, but also means that they aren't used to people or culture that is different and hence tend to be suspicious of this. But on the other hand means that if we took too much notice of these people, the human race wouldn't have progressed very far over the centuries. Free thinkers, inventors and prophets have generally been scorned and attacked by the ignorant.

Given that for the vast majority of people multi culturalism hardly if at all impinges on their day to day lives, other than in the rabid **** stirring outpourings falsehoods pushed out by both mainstream and social media, what are you getting at?

I've lived in all sorts of situations, both urban with a high ethnic population, rural with mostly natives and currently quite rural with a high level of EU migration, in absolutely none of those situations has multi culturalism had a negative impact on my life or indeed anybody I know. The vast majority of problems and certainly any threats to my well being have been from the white natives.

But then I don't label one race, faith or creed of people as being more dangerous or problematic I understand that all humans of whatever race, faith or creed are capable of kindness, generosity, compassion, cruelty, violence, selfishness and that those commentators seeking to whip up division and suspicion amongst people and those likely to feed on such sentiment do so for their own devious ends, whether its making money as per the Clarkson's, Liddle's, Morgan, Hartley-Brewers et al or the politicians such as Farage, Trump, or Orban who use it to gain power and keep feeding it for support.
    You won’t restore your credibility here with constant ranting, perhaps responding to my request yesterday would be a baby step.

You are already seeing the damage and danger all over tolerant Europe. It is this very tolerance which makes Europe so easily exploited.
    It is no coincidence, that there are no terror attacks in Poland.

The refusal of individuals and organizations to address the issue of Islam shows the effectiveness of
    fear – the real and justified fear of physical assault
    and the fear of having one’s reputation smeared by
    Islamists and their enabling fools. As a result, it
    is often only the more extreme elements (such as
    nationalist parties in Europe) who will address the
    problems caused by Islam, which is then used to
    bolster assertions that it’s mainly extremists who
    are concerned about the impact of Islam on our
    societies.

So where exactly is
    the tipping point?
    The consensus seems
    to be that it occurs
    when the Muslim
    population hits
    7-8% of the national
    population

This is exactly what we are seeing now. Intimidation and violence to get demands met.
    It is becoming indoctination in schools and has now filtered into the politics of the UK.

This sort of exploitation would not happen in a staunch Muslim country, in reverse.

Why is the middle east suddenly the number one priority of UK factions?
    Because it all stems back to their religion and the hatred of Jews.

Nailed it. Every word of it.

Why quote me? I’m just pointing out that a country that owes much of it’s wealth and ‘attraction’ to the s@x trade and consequent exploitation of young women isn’t necessarily somewhere to be held up as an example of having laws that protect ‘natives’ from foreigners. You seem to have more knowledge of the situation in Thailand than most, but I’m agreeing with you, so stop shouting.
    Thailands tourism economy, generates 10% of GDP.. Are you saying that every visitor to Thailand goes for the *** trade? Or did you pluck that out your arse?

Maybe Holland includes its *** trade in their GDP tourism figures as well? That applies to many countries around the world as well.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)