+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sliding door moment this season

Away at grimsby when Ronnie moore was in charge.

Had a chance off the play offs (imagine that)

Ronnie moore came out to the press he would walk to ipswhich.

Drew with relegation threatened grimsby and went down hill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Agreed it was awful, and with MTs terrible interviews around that time showed a manager that was out of his depth
    Do yoi think Tony Stewart is out off his depth in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    You're only as good as your last story
    I heard you have a 12 inch cok?. Be careful not to trip over it once the weather warms up 😜🫣

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Away at grimsby when Ronnie moore was in charge.

Had a chance off the play offs (imagine that)

Ronnie moore came out to the press he would walk to ipswhich.

Drew with relegation threatened grimsby and went down hill from there.
    As you seem to have memory problems because you have used that "walk to Ipswich" phrase may times (even spelling it right sometimes), here is the actual quote (again).

........"Moore, however, said that he was disappointed not to be allowed the chance to talk to Ipswich. "I watched the Blues in the week and they have good players and support. I have gone as far as I can [at Rotherham]. I have worked hard to get this opportunity.

"I'm hoping both chairmen can get together and sort something out. Rotherham gave me an opportunity, for which I thank them, and I like to think I have repaid them two or three times over. I want to go on and take a club like Ipswich back into the Premiership. There is a clause in my contract that allows me to leave. I am employed by Rotherham United, but there is an escape clause, not that I want to call it that."

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    As you seem to have memory problems because you have used that "walk to Ipswich" phrase may times (even spelling it right sometimes), here is the actual quote (again).

........"Moore, however, said that he was disappointed not to be allowed the chance to talk to Ipswich. "I watched the Blues in the week and they have good players and support. I have gone as far as I can [at Rotherham]. I have worked hard to get this opportunity.

"I'm hoping both chairmen can get together and sort something out. Rotherham gave me an opportunity, for which I thank them, and I like to think I have repaid them two or three times over. I want to go on and take a club like Ipswich back into the Premiership. There is a clause in my contract that allows me to leave. I am employed by Rotherham United, but there is an escape clause, not that I want to call it that."
    Did he not say he will walk to Ipswich? Well I never. Didn't see the interview personally just going by what's posted on here. Just goes to show. Say ot enough times the masses start believing.
    Was the quote. I'll shoot the lot of them true?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Did he not say he will walk to Ipswich? Well I never. Didn't see the interview personally just going by what's posted on here. Just goes to show. Say ot enough times the masses start believing.
    It's not the masses it's just someone whose first language isn't English. Not really surprising he gets mixed up.

I heard you have a 12 inch cok?. Be careful not to trip over it once the weather warms up 😜🫣
    Better than being a 5ft 4in cock I'd say pal

Yes, I remember seeing his interview after the mauling at Chezzie. It was actually. 'If I had a gun I would shoot them all'.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    OK we are down.

But which was the sliding doors moment for this season.?

If you can, pick out one single moment and map out the alternative scenario which would have kept us up this season.

For me it is :

' Cameron Humphries is down on the turf. Thankfully it just looks like a bit of cramp and he is okay to carry on'
    Without a shadow of a doubt, it began before a ball was kicked…..keeping on MT after last season. Plain and simple.
    The remedy would have been a manager who knew what he was doing, and how to build a team. But, not easy to find, but a chairman and a board who sadly don’t have a clue how to do it.

Who are the board ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast